Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: I need some Support please!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I need answers to the following questions regarding the Virtual DJ demo version in order to support my decision to buy it:

1.How can I split the signal using a 4.1 soundcard in order to cue a song?
2.How does Master Tempo work? Is it applied automatically?
3.I couldn’t get the “Beatlock” feature to work properly. When I put two songs on beat, they would get off beat when I pressed the “Beatlock” button. Also, this feature would automatically lock the downbeat of one song to the upbeat of another song. What can I do to get this feature to work properly?
4.How can I save nine cue points per song?—the instructions are vague on this.
5.Is it possible to program Virtual DJ to go to a specific cue point automatically when the virtual vinyl is moved backwards in order to scratch at that specific point? I know of a CD player that has a similar feature. Here’s any example of the concept: Let’s say that while a song is playing, I press the number 3 key on my keyboard while in “Cue Scratch” mode (a feature that I made up). This would tell Virtual DJ to automatically go to the third cue point when I move the virtual vinyl backwards before scratching. If I were to press the number 5 key while scratching at the third cue point, Virtual DJ would then go to fifth cue point automatically. Is this concept possible with Virtual DJ now?

Here are some additional questions:

1.What features does the full version have that the demo doesn’t have?
2.How many computers can the full version be installed on?
3.Are there any bugs with the full version?
4.Are all upgrades free with the full version?

Here are two comments about the software:

1.It’s the best DJ software for the buck (price).
2.It has the potential to be the best software on the planet.

In closing, please continue taking VJing (Virtual Jockeying) to newer levels of excellency!

Posted Sun 22 Feb 04 @ 2:49 am
If many of the above questions have been answered, can someone please post the links to the answers.

Thank You!

Posted Mon 23 Feb 04 @ 2:16 am
You should try the search engine of the forum first, or in the manual.

Posted Mon 23 Feb 04 @ 8:02 am
Thanks for the reply EvilpartofMe. However, if someone from support can't take a few minutes to answer a few questions from somebody who wants to BUY Virtual DJ, then I might have to consider saying BYE to this product!

b.t.w. This is the first time I’ve every experienced not getting a response from a company regarding its product!! And to think, I've referred other DJ's to try out the Virtual DJ demo. Maybe I should stick with PCDJ?—they at least respond to qestions in a timely manner!!!

Posted Fri 27 Feb 04 @ 6:51 pm
Although I can't get any support, I still think Virtual DJ is:

1.The best DJ software for the buck (price).
2.Has the potential to be the best software on the planet.

Posted Fri 27 Feb 04 @ 7:00 pm
BYE!

Posted Fri 27 Feb 04 @ 7:03 pm
1.There is an option in the config tab
2.i dont know
3.the beatlock works alongside the CBG it locks them together so if they arent aligned with the beats then it wont work
4.another i'm not sure on but think it can be done with shortcuts
5.if i understand this correctly this can be done with shortcuts

hope this helps you out!

Posted Fri 27 Feb 04 @ 8:01 pm
Thanks for the reply DJ Walkers. Unfortunately, out of 9 questions, you only answered 3. Consequently, I need some more questions answered before I purchase this product.

Posted Sun 07 Mar 04 @ 10:56 pm
sorry i missed the other 4

1.Sound Config to enable you to use an external mixer etc, access to plugins
2.Preferably 1 but as long as its for your use only its ok!
3.99% of bugs are gone but pretty sure you'd not get any probs with the software (maybe with your pc)
4.not totally sure but i think only 1.** versions are free

Posted Sun 07 Mar 04 @ 11:54 pm
djzeroPRO InfinityMember since 2003
the full version also allows you to feed external audio signals into VDJ and visually analyse them. this can be very useful if you are switching sources from an external cd player or vinal ect...

Posted Mon 08 Mar 04 @ 12:14 pm
Thanks for the info djzero.

Posted Fri 12 Mar 04 @ 5:17 pm
Posted by DJ Walkers,"Preferably 1 but as long as its for your use only its ok!"

Haven't you tried to install it on another computer? Most DJ software allow for at least 2 different installs. I need to be able to install VDJ on 2 systems.

Posted Fri 12 Mar 04 @ 5:23 pm
Posted by DJ Walkers, "sorry i missed the other 4"

I forgot to say thanks for the reply.

Posted Fri 12 Mar 04 @ 5:25 pm
i only said preferably that doesnt mean "only" so 2 would be fine just make sure its for your own use ;)

Posted Fri 12 Mar 04 @ 7:15 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)