Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: how can i know if two unequal bpms match?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

i've started using atomixmp3 and i'm getting used to mixing songs. but i don't know how to know whether two songs of unequal bpms match. i'm not a pro in mixing and i have never had mixing lessons. is there a formula or something? or its a hard thing to learn. how come a song of 128.0 bpm matches something like 91.0 bpm.

Posted Mon 09 Jun 03 @ 9:11 am
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
Atomix sometimes mis reports the beats of mainly hip hop and rap songs. Get yourself a manual beat tap software and edit the bpm's yourself. Or just do like tuntablists do and beatmatch by lsitening in your headpones and adjusting the pitch.

Posted Mon 09 Jun 03 @ 9:26 am
thanks for the help... it would be kind if you could tell me what is a manual beat tap? what it does? sorry i don't know dj terms. i only rely on the rhytim of atomixmp3 to know whether beats match and i can't know the bpm using the headphones, i'm not a pro.

Posted Mon 09 Jun 03 @ 9:43 am
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I use a small app called arbpm. once launched, you simply tap the spacebar to the beat of the song and it will report a more correct bpm.

I can't remember where I got it, but it works real good.

Posted Mon 09 Jun 03 @ 3:29 pm
Hey I got what you want to do...
This works good for straight up mixing and is the best In preview mode*!!!
(users it's nothing new but it's still great)

Ok on the number pad use the number zero/INS as your ...well I call it "HOT CUE"! this is a great cue play and you can tap this button and adjust the pitch as the other track is playing and with this button you can make mixes more precise than if a beatmatch feature would be activated ....

If you don't understand I could thoroughly go into detail...
If I have solved your problem well...
YOUR WELCOME

* (For This Mode copy and paste this link to the address bar of your browser http://atomixmp3.com/download.html and buy it)

Posted Mon 09 Jun 03 @ 3:37 pm
thanks!!! it was a big help.

Posted Tue 10 Jun 03 @ 4:10 am
fellow teamers...if im correct im getting close to be the youngest vip member...cuz i already know im the youngest MEMBER !!! haha

Posted Fri 13 Jun 03 @ 2:30 am
A homeboy where can i download 1 of those bpm software things?

Posted Tue 24 Jun 03 @ 5:55 am
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
Search in your favourite engine for manual beat tap software.

Posted Tue 24 Jun 03 @ 8:42 am
I NEED serial number AtomixMP3

IAM LOSET

SEND TO ME ---

Posted Tue 05 Aug 03 @ 6:20 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)