Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Why does my wavegraph freeze constantly?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

hey all,

ever since i tried v 2.1, the wavegraph freezes constantly. if i close a few progs it'll start again but if there is nothing to close then there's nothin that works to get it moving again. im running a p3 450 w/ santa cruz & voodoo3000 along with 128mb of ram. doesnt seem like the configuration on the comp should present a problem as atomix is very low on the usage. i've tried everything i can think of but even when all i have running is explorer (and the system processes) it will still freeze up on the wavegraph. the music will continue but i cant effectively use it on this format with just one sound card without that graph presence running smoothly. im hoping somebody has some idea for me that will help solve this problem. thanks, nate

Posted Fri 23 May 03 @ 3:17 am
Well My friend....It's your computer.....You might have to get a new computer because my friend had a p3 800mhz and the wave forms had a lot of unaccuarcy and when scracthing, even if he had closed all of his programs it still would go SLOW.save sum $ and buy a new pc...don't upgrade...just go to best buy and buy best!!!

It's for the best and it will pay for itself in a week!

Trust Me

Posted Fri 23 May 03 @ 9:01 pm
Well I have a laptop with a Pentium 4 , 2.4 gig, I gig ram , 60 gig hard drive ...WinXP home, and I sort of have the same problem....
If I'm playing a song and try to scan through the playlist I'm looking at, the sound starts jumping..along with the waveform.

I cannot use AtomixMP3 because of this.

Besides Traktor, I have nothing else installed ...I have all the latest drivers for display and my sound card ( Extigy )...I've tried everything...
I've looked through the forum...I cannot see anything that can help...
I had the same problem with a different laptop ...completely different setup...winxp home...same sound card...same problem.
Maybe it's the program?
( I honestly hope not...I like it!!)

Posted Fri 30 May 03 @ 4:53 am
I already read that traktor and atomix are not compatible on the same computer, they make some conflict in Windows. Try to uninstall traktor…!

I hope this solution help you :- )

Norm.

Posted Fri 30 May 03 @ 5:46 am
Traktor is the better program...I use it all the time 6 nights a week.
It looks like it will have to be AtomixMP3 that gets uninstalled.

Why wasn't the fact that they cannot be installed in the same computer made a little more public?

I bought AtomixMp3 as a backup program....I wouldn't have if I'd known..

Posted Fri 30 May 03 @ 7:28 am
HOOOOOOLD UP!

I have traktor and atomixmp3 and i can run both simultaniously and they both werk fyne
you must be mistaken or just have something wrong with your computer!
AND ATOMIX IS THE BEST...I've said it before and I'll say it again atomixmp3 is the closest thing to real turntables/cd player that you can put on a pc...and traktor has a very unconventional setup where it has many features that have to be in different modes and setups to use where as atomix has everything you need right in front of you and has anythinig a dj would have...mixer,2+ decks, and effects, as well as my favorite feature scratching where as traktors scratching is made into complex modes and not good for realtime turntablism or just scratching on the fly...SO YES ATOMIXMP3 is the best dj mixing program available...PERIOD

Posted Fri 30 May 03 @ 3:12 pm
DJ CocoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Thanks XxNuMbR1StUnNrxX ! :)

Posted Fri 30 May 03 @ 5:52 pm
anytime! :)

Posted Fri 30 May 03 @ 11:28 pm
Sorry...you misunderstood what I'm trying to say here....
I LOVE AtomixMP3....It's stated by an earlier submission on this thread that AtomixMP3 and Traktor can't be in the same computer...I was only commenting that if this is the case, it should be noted a little more publically..
I'm very glad to hear that you can run them together...I just wish I could run AtomixMP3 properly...
I've checked everywhere on this forum...the only things that are mentioned are that current drivers should be installed ( which makes sense!! ), any other advice would be greatly appreciated..:)

Posted Sat 31 May 03 @ 1:45 am
altered_eg0

You certainly use wXP or w2000. So, try Atomix on w9x for example (multi boot installation). The curves will be smoother than two.

VROUMMMmmm... (lol)

Posted Sat 31 May 03 @ 11:19 pm
I have used Traktor 2, AtomixMP3 v1-v2.2, Virtual Turntables, VirtualDJ (the *old* one pre-atomix), plus a number of other proggies I can't remember.

All used at home *AND* under live scenarios using Windows 98 and Win2k on a P3 450MHz 64MB Ram....
(A similar/worse spec machine to yours)

AtomixMP3:
Never failed me, not even once. Solid, sophisticated, reliable.

Virtual Turntables:
Never failed me, solid as a rock, but not as automated as atomixmp3, but stil a very good package, esp. with master tempo and bpm counter plugins. Almost rivals AtomixMP3 in the important areas.

Virtual DJ:
Well this was the pre-cursor to AtomixMP3. Not many features in comparison, slightly suspect master tempo, but a rather funky diamond crossfader. (can we have that back?)

Traktor 2:
Solid playback under low memory and nicer looping than atmoixmp3, but it crashed 2 times on me live trying to load tracks (under XP, tho that may be because of the low memory), and under 98 it wasn't 100% robust either....
Also I don't like the separated waveforms, makes it hard to "see" the mix.

I've not tried any others in anger, mostly cos they never got past the preliminary stages of my selection due to being mostly lacking in features, or having usability problems.

Of all the programs I have tried I prefer AtomixMP3, by a whisker, but the only program I'd actually advise against using is still Traktor.
I've never felt any confidence in it, it is still too flaky IMHO.
Others may lack features, but Traktor, for me, lacks stability.

Whilst your setup might be better for Traktor, bear in mind that if I've had issues with it, then there is probably some bad code in there somewhere that might catch you out one day....

Andi Gordon
www.industry101.co.uk

Posted Thu 05 Jun 03 @ 12:03 pm

Posted Thu 05 Jun 03 @ 12:05 pm
OddBallHome userMember since 2003

Posted Tue 10 Jun 03 @ 4:06 pm
I agree with you re Traktor...it was very unstable....but with version 2.09 ( a beta )...all the problems have gone...but I still can't use AtomixMP3. Rolling back or dual booting with win98 just isn't an option...( why go backwards?) besides , the program is meant to run under winxp.
I'll describe the main problem......
The A side has a track running....I go down to the playlist that is showing...I click on the pull down on the right side to scan down the track list...as soon as I click and try to drag the bar, the display stops and starts madly...when I let go, all returns to normal.Sometimes, not always, the audio jumps as well.
I really love what AtomixMP3 is meant to do...it just is not stable enough to use professionally....it may be my system...( nothing apart from Traktor is installed) ..I really don't know.
I have all the latest drivers ...audio and display....I'm stumped!!

Posted Thu 12 Jun 03 @ 1:48 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)