Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Does Atomix support 48 Khz PCM (WAV) format? And a question on ripping DVDs...

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Alright, here's the deal. I just so happened to have ripped audio from one of my favorite DVD movies (Spaceballs) using Windows Sound Recorder set to record "What U Hear." This is the best way I could think of without screwing about with all kinds of wires and input/outputs... Is there a better way??

I saved the resulting PCM files at the HIGHEST quality - 48 KHz, 176 Kbps. Atomix seems to have problems playing these files, while Winamp, et al, do not. Are these PCM files the same as WAVs? (Windows didn't offer a "wav" format to save in, and I thought PCM = WAV.) Can Atomix play these? Will I have to resample them down to 44 KHz for Atomix to play them? If so, what is the BEST way to do so without losing sound quality? (Yes, I'm an obsessed audiophile.)

Thanks for your help, and I look forward to happier sampling soon!! ;)

~~ CJ Myllennium, USA-PA ~~

Posted Wed 23 Apr 03 @ 3:59 am
Atomix doesn't support 48 ... it will produce poor results. You gotta re-do it at 44.1

Posted Wed 23 Apr 03 @ 4:37 am
Can I simply resample? What is the best program to do so without sound quality loss?

Posted Wed 23 Apr 03 @ 5:59 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
If you can re=rip, you'll be better off, but if you have to re-sample, you might try cool edit...

Posted Wed 23 Apr 03 @ 6:15 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)