Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Happy Console users?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

obe1Home userMember since 2004
I know the Hercs DJ console has it's probs but u guys still happy you bought it? I'm leaning towards a USB compatible digi mixer-the Numark DXM-001 or 006- for something more solid and dependable,and the FULLY registered, updatable VDJ...

Posted Sat 14 Feb 04 @ 8:41 am
Yes. Im very happy with mine. You have to remember it is a new product and having a few teething probs. The only thing that I find that could have been made harder wearing is the wheels. Other than that it is a very powerfull tool and you wont find anything better for your money.

Posted Sat 14 Feb 04 @ 2:27 pm
djlarsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Agree with tigermoff ;o)
Have the full version of VDJ also, but the extra value to the Hercules version is slim - since the support for this controller's features isn't complete in the full version, but they are in the bundled version...

I'm just installing the new Hercules drivers (28.01.04) to a clean system, and is going to test the VDJ1.08 for DJC.

Posted Sat 14 Feb 04 @ 4:18 pm
I still wish they would fix the headphone issue. I am assuming it is coming soon.

Posted Sat 14 Feb 04 @ 9:38 pm
twe69Home userMember since 2004
for the money it is great value; so far it seems like its working how its meant to [after sending it to hercules to fix it]...

Posted Sun 15 Feb 04 @ 1:37 am
robmanPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Happy-ish

Not happy that the buttons still appear to stick occasionally and that the jog wheels seem to spit out the wrong data from time to time, despite a trip back to Hercules.

Happy with the sound quality.

Happy with VDJ, even though it is not the full version.

Happy to have a second sound card.

Happy to have some more midi ports.

Happy with the layout and feel of the console's controls.

Happy to have a decent quality microphone input.

Happy to have another optical input.

Happy to have another line in.

Not happy with the level of control in the control panel.

Not happy that the controls do not output midi (yet)

On balance I'd say I'm happy to keep it.

Posted Sun 15 Feb 04 @ 6:47 pm
Yea i'm happy with it.
I'm using it on my asus 600Mhz PIII with 384mb ram laptop
Been mixing for about 6 years now vinyl and cd and i must say that the console feels quite professional

Response time of the controls should be a little bit faster
Some clicks and pops in the sound (could be because my laptop is kinda slow)

very good price/quality!
bought it for only 209€!

Posted Sun 15 Feb 04 @ 8:33 pm
After the usual problems , a weird stuttering problem and sending the unit back to herc I must say i'm happy with the console.

I do find the pitch-slider somewhat insecure around the NULL-point. Sometimes you need ,1 % pitch change witch skips to approc ,3 %
But if you pitch the other channel a little away so the NULL point on the second fader is avoided its all ok :)

Now only I'm gonna buy the FULL version because I want to use my own soundcards in my system and my own external mixer (behringer dx1000). Just plug in the USB and ready to go !! That would be superb.

On a level from 1 (unhappy) to 10 (excited) i'd give an 8 for the product. Although the high rating does exist due the fact a working VDJ is included.

Posted Tue 24 Feb 04 @ 3:15 pm
hansHome userMember since 2004
Can virtualdj be used in combination with a numark dmc-1 controller?

Posted Thu 25 Mar 04 @ 7:29 am
Yes: Compatibility with DMC1 and DAC2 remote controllers.

I was one of the first in the Netherlands who got a Hercules console. I had some problems (hyparactive jogdails, cutting noise, crashes, interruptions) but they were ALL fixed.

All issues (except hyperactive jogdails) were software-related problems and can be solved easily.
The hyperactive jogdails where hardware related and was solved by sending it back to Hercules.

After all i now have a fully functional Hercules console. i'm very happy with it. (i used to have a BPM-studio controler, which is much expensiver, but i sold it because VDJ is much more value)

Posted Mon 05 Apr 04 @ 12:06 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)