Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Aureal Vortex Chipsets Any good ?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Any comments ?

or should I just go for a turtle beach Santa Cruz ?

Posted Tue 25 Mar 03 @ 3:52 am
Rodie83Home userMember since 2001
You should go for the turtle beach! The aureal vortex chip was made for ingame sound (especially aureal 3d), the turtle beach is geat on all terrains.

(PS: The name is also much better!)

Roderick

Posted Tue 25 Mar 03 @ 9:10 am
All I am concerned about is sound quality. All I use my computer is for sound editing and mixing. I've invested alot in my stereo, speakers and mixer and want a higher-end soundcard.

Posted Tue 25 Mar 03 @ 6:10 pm
abnormPRO InfinityMember since 2003
No question about it! Get TBSC! You won't find a better card for the price. They have been discontinued and cost even less now. I've done my research on this, so you can rest assure. It's probably the best budget card available on the market. If you're looking for something more professional, with ASIO support, I would look into M-Audio Revolution 7.1 and Terratec DMX 6Fire.

Posted Tue 25 Mar 03 @ 10:40 pm
Thanks for the advice !!! I am looking to replace my Live! soundcard ... The rear output doesn't sound as clean and crisp as the front output. Also, I am looking for something that has better sound better quality.

But isn't ASIO a software component ? Or does a soundcard need to have support for it ? I guess only the higher end programs like Sonic foundry products, bpm studio support it, right ? ASIO is redundant to atomix, as the software doesn't support it.

I've been looking at TBSC cards on ebay ... talk about CHEAP !!! Man, they're going for like $10 USD !!

Posted Tue 25 Mar 03 @ 11:39 pm
abnormPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Yes, you're right ASIO has to be supported on both hardware and software.

Posted Wed 26 Mar 03 @ 6:03 pm
mUd-VPRO InfinityMember since 2003

Posted Thu 27 Mar 03 @ 2:39 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)