Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Organizing MP3's for Atomix

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

i'm about to begin organizing my MP3 collection for Atomix, and i'm wondering if the internal database (that stores BPM and comments) uses absolute paths. i ask because i want to begin organizing on my current machine/hard drive, but plan to get a new machine with a second hard drive... so, instead of C:\music, all my files might eventually be in D:\music.

also, it seems to me that once i begin the task of storing BPM's and comments, that i am then somewhat "stuck" in whatever directory/file-naming scheme i have chosen to start out with -- unless i use the Atomix features for renaming/moving files (which should be adequate for minor changes, but obviously aren't made for re-organizing an entire collection).

any suggestions for what to do and what not to do would be much appreciated. also, i haven't looked, but i wonder if the file format of the internal database is easy enough to work with, if necessary.

thanks
-scott

Posted Mon 24 Mar 03 @ 7:27 am
SalvaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
It stores in a absolute path.

Salva

Posted Mon 24 Mar 03 @ 8:54 am
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Be sure to name your files properly artist - title.
the - is the seperator. anything before the hyphen will fall into the artist collumn, while everything past the - will be listed in the title collumn.

Posted Mon 24 Mar 03 @ 2:52 pm
thanks for the responses.

i was hoping somebody would tell me that i was off course, but it does seem like i need to organize my MP3's specifically for Atomix -- specifically, sticking to the predefined naming convention and not moving anything around outside of Atomix (since BPM/comment data will get lost).

i know other folks have brought this up, but i'll just reiterate that it would be much nicer if i could organize/name my MP3's however i want, and then configure Atomix -- rather than the other way around.

-scott

Posted Tue 25 Mar 03 @ 6:22 am
jackcuHome userMember since 2004
I know the problem. I've recently moved to a laptop for gigging and I lost all the hand set bpm and comments info. Even when I move songs around from within AtomixMP3 it seems to lose the data.

I love the program and use it all the time, but the database could do with some work.

Just my opinion,

Cheers,

Jack.

Posted Wed 26 Mar 03 @ 1:45 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)