Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Check out this page! http://eks.fi

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi!
in this page u will find very interesting concept.
what do you think about it?
i only can say: I WANT THIS STUFF!!!
http://eks.fi

Posted Wed 19 Mar 03 @ 3:22 pm
bof :)

Posted Wed 19 Mar 03 @ 7:02 pm
jukesyPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Nice! Bit confused though is the price only for one deck. When you buy it do you get two decks and the software?

Posted Wed 19 Mar 03 @ 8:51 pm
abnormPRO InfinityMember since 2003
That's how I pictured a controller for Atomixmp3 should look. :)

Posted Wed 19 Mar 03 @ 10:11 pm
Oh if only!

Posted Wed 19 Mar 03 @ 11:48 pm
I'm gonna to buy something like that, but i'm now confused, witch one is better full atomix with numark controller or this eks stuff?... It looks very nice, but price is quite high (i think is only for one deck), and now i saw Traktor...
ehhh...
peace...

Posted Thu 20 Mar 03 @ 11:15 am
cypressPRO InfinityMember since 2003
This is exactly what the people at atomix need to do to get in front of those guys at native instruments (Traktor). Native have helped Stanton develop the software for there "Final Scratch" Dj package(http://www.finalscratch.com/fs2/start.asp) which is basically revolutionising mp3s and djing as we know it, by bridging the gap between the analogue ad digital world. If Atomix could apply this sort of workstation to their platform then the skies the limit.....

Posted Fri 21 Mar 03 @ 4:41 am
Impressive.. i'm going to take at the software now...

Posted Fri 21 Mar 03 @ 12:52 pm
Error! Requires DirectX 8 .. lol :o

Posted Fri 21 Mar 03 @ 12:56 pm
problem solved.. change HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\DirectX
"Version"="4.09.00.0900"
to
"Version"="4.08.00.0900"
for example..

Posted Fri 21 Mar 03 @ 1:09 pm
let us know what its like

Posted Fri 21 Mar 03 @ 1:22 pm
Well can't say what's the final product like, as this is missing some features.

But basically its just a mp3 player with pitch, not nearly as full featured as atomix. And it seems that this version is only suitable to playing preselected mp3s, as there's no good way to search songs..

The loop in/out feature is probably only thing where its a bit better at the moment in features. It's clearly meant to be used with external mixer as there's no level,eq etc..
I think the final product would be probably very good, prolly better than atomix in very basic playing usage with preselected songs for a 'purist dj' who doesn't need or want the atomixmp3's cool features and bpm matching stuff and who doesn't want to use computer keyboard at all when playing a set.

But for me personally, i still opt for Atomixmp3 cause it can use shoutcast directly. In home amateur usage Atomix will give better quality for internet radio dj'ng with little investment even though i agree that it's audio quality could still be improved. Throw sound through analog dj mixer and 50$ soundcard and nobody will suspect you play it with computer as the sound quality is so terrible as result.

Posted Fri 21 Mar 03 @ 2:15 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)