Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Pitch Distorts Track!!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I love atomixmp3, because it is so efficient and so easy and fun to use. However, the ONLY thing that bothers me about it is the fact the when you match the pitch of a song with another, the song having its pitch changed begins to distort, you can hear it in the bassline, the highs and lows, and it's very noticeable. Even if it's a small pitch change, the distortion kicks in. Is there any way to fix this so it ONLY speeds or slows down the track without any flaws? Thanks! And if there is no fix, can you guys incorporate that fix into your next update (if possible of course). Other than that, thanks, love the program.

Posted Sun 02 Mar 03 @ 12:24 am
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
Make sure that when you are DJ'ing that the gain in Atomix is no more than +1 er less. I beatmix all the time without distortion small or large pitch change !

Posted Sun 02 Mar 03 @ 9:38 am
Man, it's not really distortion or background noise, it's like the beat of the track itself starts to break apart... for example, I lower the pitch of a song while it's playing ---> the drum beats begin to get a sort of small delay, they don't sound in sync with the rest of the track, it's very very minimal but I can definitely tell. The highs seem to have the worst problem when changing the pitch, I can DEFINITELY tell the track gets a bit shaky when moving pitch higher or lower... I'm mixing electronic music (trance). Also, when there are vocals, actual lyrics being sung, they sound fine whether track is sped up or slowed down, but it's certain sounds that get "split up" you could say, and are off by milliseconds, but noticeable milliseconds.... HELP! Someone else MUST have this problem!

Posted Thu 06 Mar 03 @ 7:55 am
YodaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Make sure you don't have timestretch on. But it sounds like you're describing exactly what I get all the time with atomix. I also hope they'll fix this for the next version - whenever that might be. Don't hold your breath.

Posted Thu 06 Mar 03 @ 7:36 pm
Dude, thanks so much... it WAS the timestretch feature... that feature keeps vocals intact, but totally bends the rest of the sounds. I never thought that this feature could be the cause of it, I just disabled it and it mixes seamlessly! However, when you change the pitch on any mode, the HIGHS add a bit of background noise for some reason... is that a common feature of adjusting pitch? You can hear it clearly if the pitch is raised and the song hits an almost silent part... it's just background noise, but it's not that big of a deal. Thanks again Yoda!

Posted Sat 15 Mar 03 @ 9:21 pm
yeah, the aliasing effect with the timestrech mode is intolerable. the Pioneer CDJ100's have had this feature without the aliasing effects, and they have been out for 3+ years...this is not new technology. would be pleasant to have this bug worked out in an update soon.

Posted Tue 18 Mar 03 @ 12:34 am
on other apps/hardware it's called "Master Tempo"

Posted Tue 18 Mar 03 @ 12:34 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)