Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Horrible Screaching whe trying to Monitor!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

ZascarHome userMember since 2001
Hi,

I just bought a Dell Dimension 4550 with the 'Turtle Beach - Santa Cruise' Sound Card, and I cannot get it working so that I can monitor with headphones. I have plugged the headphones into the rear output, and when set normally I can hear exactly what comes out of the fromt speakers.

However, when I go into the atomix sound setup, and change to 3D Sound Card, and Headphones, the sound goes nuts, you can bearly hear anything except a loud distorted screaching sound.

Any ideas?

I have the full version, with the 2.2 update, however I think that i may have mixed it up with an older version i had, after I did a reinstall...

Can someone please reset the settings on the update page so I can download the proper version?

Thanks,
Zascar

Posted Sat 22 Feb 03 @ 3:28 pm
PerozPRO InfinityMember since 2003
It's really strange man!
Write to service@atomixmp3.com asking for a new installer and good luck!

Peroz

Posted Sat 22 Feb 03 @ 11:26 pm
Z: have you got any weird settings in your soundcard-drivers like Dolby Encoding or other stuff like that which might interfere with how Atomix splits up the sound?
As stated in the support-info available here and there (you really have to look around for ages so you're not to blame if you dont know this) your soundcard should be set up for quadraphonic sound = equal balance between left/right and front/rear and no compensation for sub/center or stuff like that.

If you have some sort of speaker-setup wizard for your soundcard drivers you should select 4 speakers, no sub/center-speakers, analogue output and then the obvious front/rear are plugged into this and that connector.

Posted Mon 24 Feb 03 @ 12:14 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)