Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: New Yorkers!!!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I've now moved to New York City... and loving it. Very different from my hometown in Norway.
So I'm wondering... any newyorkers on this forum that can tell me about happening clubs in Manhattan. I went to "Webster Hall" last night... It was great. But any smaller clubs/bars with house/trance music would also be desireable...

- Jim Nordic

Posted Mon 17 Feb 03 @ 5:13 am
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Welcome to America Jim! Hey, I'm only about 2 hours away from you. I hope you are enjoying New York. Man, does that mean you'll be a Giants, or a Yankees fan?

Posted Mon 17 Feb 03 @ 5:47 am
GrimmPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Welcome to New York!

Wish I could help you with the club scene, but I've been out of it for some time. Listen to 103.5 on the FM dial on Fridays. They have alot of different advertisments from clubs running all day for any events that may be running (ie live artist, certain DJs, special admission prices, etc). The big clubs are the ones that usually advertise every weekend, special event or not. You'll quickly learn which are the "big ones" after just one day of listening. Take your pick, go and have fun, and make your own decision if you ever want to go back.

As for the small clubs, they're pretty much everywhere. In a bar, in a restaurant, in a hotel, and even on ships, catering to whatever is most popular in the neighborhood. Spanish, Russian, Chinese, Italian, Europeon, etc. You name it, theres a club out there for it. Even the USS Intrepid museum plays host to big events every year. Theres always a big name that throws a big party there. Usually one type of music on the top deck, and another in the hangar. And plenty of "action" going on, as I've worked security there years ago at some of the events.

Have fun!

Grimm - NYC

[Edit - Cool! I'm now a member. :)]

Posted Mon 17 Feb 03 @ 12:35 pm
Jim ... didn't you previously live in the states ?

(If so .... all I can say is DAMN my memory is good !)

Posted Mon 17 Feb 03 @ 3:43 pm
Soundfactory
DJ Jonathan Peters On The Main Floor
Cleavland In The Basement
618 West 46th Street N.Y.C.
212-489-0001
Doors Open At 11Pm Saturday Night Till Sunday Afternoon

What do you desire? Do you desire a woman? Do you desire a man? Do you desire love? Do you desire passion? What do you desire? Do you desire welth? Do you desire freedom? All you who have endured the nights journey. You have been brought together on this morrows eve in unity, in the musical sancuary with Jonathan Peters. What do you desire?

http://soundfactorynyc.com/

Posted Fri 12 Sep 03 @ 2:35 am
Desire???

You sound like a Victoria's Secret Commercial. LOL

I've heard of Soundfactory , but never been there. But i'm going to soon.

- Jim Nordic

Posted Fri 12 Sep 03 @ 6:46 pm
i think dj groove lives in N.Y.C. too.....you can post here looking for him or on the sister site virtualdj.com

Posted Tue 16 Sep 03 @ 8:52 am
loujrHome userMember since 2002
try club drink or club atlantis on staten island

Posted Tue 16 Sep 03 @ 7:12 pm
loujrHome userMember since 2002
"im the hardest from new york and my flow is bonkers all them other hard ni@@@$ they come from yonkers"

50 cent

Posted Tue 16 Sep 03 @ 7:17 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)