Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Can´t put two sound cards with Windows XP

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

LocutosPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hello I´m from Portugal so sorry about some writing mistake ok? My problem is that I can only put 2 soundblasters with Windows Me Milennium Edition!!! And we all know that Windows XP is more stable and that Atomix supports this operating system right??? I would like o put the 2 soundblasters, one is an soundblaster Audigy Live from creative and the other is an soundblaster live 5.1 also from creative!!!
I have the full version of Atomix and I would like to solve my problem migrating to a better operating system that is Windows XP because i have now a new machine witch is a penthium4 2.4 MHz with a disk with a capacity of 60 GB and 250 MB of RAM !!!
Can somebody help me, please!!! I hate Windows ME Mileninum Edition!!!
By the way, I pretend to connect the two soundcards with a mixer so what i want to due and waht iI am doing with windows Me is conecting 2 soudcards with a cable that will connect with 2 separated channels in the mixer!!! Understand?

Posted Sun 16 Feb 03 @ 2:42 am
mcs-itPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hi There,
you don't need 2 soundcards: just configure AtomixMP3 to use one of them in 3D mode.

Posted Sun 16 Feb 03 @ 10:03 am
yes I have read that Atomixmp3 only needs one 3dsoundcard but if I just put one like you say, how can I connect two separated audio cables on only one 3d soundblaster?? I pretend to connect the soundblaster to a mixer!!!

Posted Sun 16 Feb 03 @ 11:25 pm
Rodie83Home userMember since 2001
Just put one cable in the rear speaker output and the other in the fron speaker output of your 3d soundblaster card, set atomix in 3d card w/ mixingpanel mode and there you go! Makes sure you got the latest drivers for your soundcard!

Posted Mon 17 Feb 03 @ 5:31 pm
Thank you very much! I have finaly Windows XP is workink and doing my mixes with no problem!!! Atomixmp3 is a great program if we just whant to make mixtures with musics!!! :)

Posted Tue 18 Feb 03 @ 2:29 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)