Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: v2.2 - joystick control for the crossfader

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

how do i get this to work - have tried with a joystick connect via USB, do i need to connect one to the game controller port of the soundcard or something?

Posted Tue 04 Feb 03 @ 9:00 pm
its the one and only dave ocean long time no see!

Posted Tue 04 Feb 03 @ 11:49 pm
yeah, long time play with atomix too. happy birthday on friday andy.

Posted Wed 05 Feb 03 @ 1:07 am
CHarmanPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Walkers....your back..... GREAT!!!!
Carman

Posted Wed 05 Feb 03 @ 6:55 am
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
:) Welcome back !

Posted Wed 05 Feb 03 @ 8:22 am
PerozPRO InfinityMember since 2003
You should try to plug your joystick (and install it) in the USB port and in the Joystick port on your soundcard. Try out where your joystick works properly with atomixmp3.
Good luck

Peroz

Posted Wed 05 Feb 03 @ 1:19 pm
dave are you still using msn? is it the same address? i'd like to start chatting again! lots to catch up on!!

thanks aswell i'll be 20 :s

i'm not back just wanna contact dave

Posted Wed 05 Feb 03 @ 9:06 pm
same as it always was Andy, dave_ocean@hotmail.com

Posted Sun 16 Feb 03 @ 2:25 pm
i have added you!

Posted Sun 16 Feb 03 @ 7:12 pm
GrimmPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I just tried the joystick option. With my Saitek Cyborg USB joystick, the movement is very smooth. Just hold down the #1 fire button and move the joystick left and right.

However, if the joystick centers itself, you'll need to make sure you'r holding it at about the same point the slider is on screen. What I mean is that if you moved the slider all the way to the right and let go of the fire button, the slider will stay on the right, no matter where you move your joystick. Now, if your joystick re-centers itself like most do, and you press the fire button while its centered and move it, the slider will jump from the right all the way to the center. So remember to move the joystick to where you had it last BEFORE you press the button.

Also, Atomix will use the first joystick you have listed in the Controller ID Assignment. So if you have 2 joysticks, and a gamepad is listed as the first joystick, its not going to work well with it. Just switch thier IDs in the "Controller ID Assignment" under the "Gaming Options" in "Control Panel" (Win9x, dunno about XP).

Grimm

Posted Mon 17 Feb 03 @ 12:44 pm
Hmm..
/me would still like to test a slide-resistor as a homebrew-Atomix-joystick.... :)

Building a joystick isn't really that advanced.. all you need is a pin-out table of the joystickport (they've been the same since the beginning of PCs so that shouldn't be hard to find) and a bunch of cables, "pots" or sliding resistors and now it seems a button is needed as well.. :)
All this to make a far-from-proffesional crossfader for Atomix instead of buying a real mixer... but it would be cool to see built into the panel of your table up there in the booth :)

Posted Mon 17 Feb 03 @ 3:56 pm
no cacho na soy chileno

Posted Fri 21 Feb 03 @ 11:26 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)