Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Installing 2 SB Live 5.1 = PC crash?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

ZinGHome userMember since 2003
I wanted to make sure i can install 2 SB Live 5.1 before buying Atomix, but my atempts fail.
I have been trying to install 2 SB live 5.1 soundcards on my P4B533 Asus Motherboard but everytime i install the second one my XP Pro crashes with blue screen.
I have tried playing with the IRQs in the bios but still no success, not many people have succeed in making 2 SB live 5.1 soundcards work but if you do have any clue please let me know i would really like to make this work so I can purchase the full version and start using it in my pro. job:)

Thanks

Posted Tue 04 Feb 03 @ 11:57 am
PerozPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Atomixmp3 needs only one 3D soundcard!
You can use only one of your 2 3D soundcards in order to have preview or mixer link.
Easy :)

Peroz

Posted Tue 04 Feb 03 @ 5:55 pm
no the problem is that if i put a 3D mode the sound will be split into front a rear speakers and thats not what i want.
I need a full support of both channels, both should go out the same way/level.
At least anyone knows if 2 SB Live 5.1 would ever work on same motherboard???

Posted Tue 04 Feb 03 @ 9:54 pm
mcs-itPRO InfinityMember since 2003
No.
Please check the settings.
In the SB Live control panel you can choose to separate the audio into 2 different channels, each one indepentent from the other.
I assure you that it works.
But to use it with Atomix you've got to buy the full version.

Posted Tue 04 Feb 03 @ 10:06 pm
but how do you do that, for me i have 2.1 speakers and when I try to make two outputs only 1output works the other dont, when i put 4.1 speakers in SB live i get the front / rear from each output

Posted Thu 06 Feb 03 @ 7:08 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
2 seperate outputs can not be done with the demo version. For that you must buy the full version.

Posted Thu 06 Feb 03 @ 8:36 pm
apparently all your concerned about is making me buy the product before even trying to make sure i can do what I want with it.
As i asked before how do you set your SB live 5.1 to 2outputs in the Speaker settings so you would get 2 same outputs independantly instead of a REAR/FRONT SPEAKERS!

Thats my questions
otherwise dont answer me with lame marketing sentence

Posted Fri 07 Feb 03 @ 1:12 am
GrimmPRO InfinityMember since 2003
They aren't marketing. Thier answering.

Atomix demo will NOT allow dual sound card or 3D sound card use, nor will it allow anything else except Single Stereo Sound card with a single set of speakers. The FULL registered version of Atomix WILL allow the use of all the modes. The way it works is like this.

Demo Atomix:

No matter what hardware you have, no matter how you setup your hardware or make your connections, Atomix will ONLY output a stereo signal. So, even if you setup your sound card through its control panel to use 4 speakers, you will ONLY get a stereo signal through your speakers. All of them.

Retail Atomix with a 3D or dual sound cards works this way:

Mixer mode: Outputs channel 1 to the front speakers (1st sound card), and channel 2 to the rear speakers (2nd sound card). The front speaker output of the sound card is connected to your external mixer's channel 1 input, and likewise the rear channel to channel 2.

Speaker/Headphone: Front channel (1st sound card) is connected to the main speakers/amplifier. Rear channel (2nd sound card) is used with headphones or monitor speakers.

Single Speaker: Not a option with 3D or dual sound cards.

In order to use 3D mode with a multi-channel sound card, you need to make sure you have your sound card setup properly through its own software. On a SB 5.1, use the speaker setup program that came with it to use it in 4 channel mode. But again, that wont help with the demo version of Atomix.

Grimm

Posted Tue 11 Feb 03 @ 1:49 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
It wasn't marketing at all, it was simple advice. I think everyone was just trying to make sure that you understood that what you were attempting to do wasn't possible with your current version. The teamers are not "marketing" Atomixmp3. We have had our profiles advanced due to experience with the product. We come here to the forum to learn more as well as be helpful when we can. It is completely voluntary, and no one here gets paid to offer help. We just like the product and see everyone enjoy their experience with it. Most people seem to appreciate the efforts. Some don't.

Posted Tue 11 Feb 03 @ 7:38 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)