Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Need help! quick!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi!

For my Athlon 1900 Laptop I got myself a SB Extigy external USB soundcard. When I use it with atomix, my computer crashes down after some minutes. I never had problems with my desktop pc and an SB Live Soundcard. Ofcourse the settings in atomix are set correctly.

I use windows xp on this 1,9 ghz processor with 512 MB Ram. I'm looking for a gig in one week and would like to solve this problem till then. Anybody had this problem too? any ideas?

Deactivating onboard sound didn't help as well...

I'm thinking about switching to win me to give it a try as a last chance. any thoughts to this?

Help me guys, i'm lost! greetz,

Patrick

Posted Sun 02 Feb 03 @ 3:22 pm
PerozPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hi
Try to reinstall atomixmp3 and defrag your hard disk

Peroz

Posted Mon 03 Feb 03 @ 11:22 am
Hi Peroz,

thx for your support. Did defrag already, installed atomix once more and made it up to 1 hour till the computer crashed (new record). At least a little improvement but of course far away from working properly...

As you have the same problems with the extigy and all other programs work fine it seems to be an atomix problem indeed. I'll try the audiotrak optoplay in some days, but I'd like to keep the extigy, it's a good soundcard.

Is anyone operating atomix with an usb soundcard on windows me/nt/2000? Maybe change of OS is the only way to make it work... Any other ideas to improve my system? Any idea really welcome ;-)

greetz, Patrick

Posted Tue 04 Feb 03 @ 12:49 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)