Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Sound on recorded wav file contains clips

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

After recording a mix the resulting wav file is somewhat corrupt. During mixes (especially!) clips (missing beats etc.) can be heard making the file unusable. I am using a PIII 500 160MB RAM. I am suspecting that my PC does not have the required performance to playback two mp3 files while recording a wav file simultaneously. Have anyone had similar experiences or know the required system requirements?

Posted Tue 28 Jan 03 @ 9:32 pm
PerozPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hi!
This is normal!!
The demo version do it because it is only for evalutation.
Buy the full version and you will record without problems.

Peroz

Posted Tue 28 Jan 03 @ 11:43 pm
On the subject page it says that he is a full version user and on the actual question page it says he is a demo user. Anyways, I used to have this problem recording my mixes while using an external mixer with 2 soundcards. I was using creative recorder and all my recorded mixes came out with skips. I asked on the forum on how to correct it and Mama told me to try Waverec as my recording software. I did and it works great. I uninstalled creative recorder and all I use now is waverec. (www.waverec.de) the only problem is that the program is in German I think. I was able to figure out the basics of the program anyways. Give it a shot.

Posted Sat 01 Feb 03 @ 9:45 pm
YodaPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I've also noticed problems with the recording function of Atomix recently. During a recording of about 80mins consisting of about 14 different tracks I have had 3 corruptions of the recorded wav file. Everyone of them happened when I was rapidly moving either the main crossfader or the bass crossfader. It sounds like a section of the recording is missing at these points, between about one-half upto one-whole beat. The skip is not evident on the main audio output during recording but is very noticible when I listen to the recording afterwards. This has never been a problem until fairly recently. I'm wondering if it is a bug that has crept in in the latest version upgrade. I've made loads of recordings in the past without this problem but the last 3 or 4 recordings have all suffered from this problem to a greater or lesser extent. It's really frustrating because having carefully crafted together what I felt was a perfect set, ready to burn to cd, I later find that it is corrupted and I have to do the whole thing again, and again, and again. Please HELP!!!

Posted Sun 02 Feb 03 @ 11:06 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)