Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: [Tutorial] ShoutCast

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

ikkeHome userMember since 2003
This isn't a question, but the answer on a question I got some times about how to connect to a ShoutCast server from Atomix. Here's a short tutorial :)

To be able to broadcast your mixes:

1. Go to http://www.shoutcast.com/downloads/shoutcast-dsp-1-8-2b-windows.exe and save the file somewhere. Check out if there's no newer version aviable of course!!!

2. Launch setup.exe (you'll have to have Winamp 2.x installed, 3.x isn't supported :( ) and run trough it
3. Get a Shoutcast account somewhere or run your own server (more info on the 2nd method will be written later)

4. Launch AtomixMP3 (don't tell me you don't know how to :))))
5. Go to the Recording page
6. Click on Filename. A 'Save mix' dialog will open
7. Go to c:program fileswinamp and search for dsp_sc.dll somewhere in one of the subfolders. Make shure you choose DLL under "Save as type" because otherwise you'll only see wave files :)
8. Select dsp_sc.dll and click "Save"
9. Click on "Start recording" once you're in Atomix again.
10. A dialog will open. Set "Address", "Port" and "Password" to the right values. In the "Encoder" tab choose a good samplerate (like 96.6kbps, 44100kHz, Stereo) for Encoder1
11. Go back to the "Output" tab and click "Connect". If everything goes fine, you're connected now. So, start mixing!!!

12. For your listeners: let them open Winamp (2 or 3, whatever) and open the location "http://yourhost.whatever:port/listen.pls" where you have to modify the host and the port based on your server. An example (not working!!!): http://www.atomixmp3.com:8000/listen.pls Now they should be able to hear you (with some latency off course)

That should be it. A server tutorial should follow later :)))

It is possible you'll have some problems to type in the ShoutCast window, especially keys who are assigned as shortcut keys in Atomix. To avoid this:press Caps Lock, and now type every character which shouldn't be a capital using the Shift key.

Greetz, Ikke

Posted Fri 24 Jan 03 @ 3:42 pm

Posted Fri 24 Jan 03 @ 5:04 pm
Well, I was going to implement things like this when I write a tutorial about the Shoutcast server :)
A .tk can be usefull too :))

Greetz, Ikke

Posted Fri 24 Jan 03 @ 5:51 pm
Ikke : i try your solution and this is very very good man thank you i like your topic and is very easy to install and use after ;-))

Greatest

Seb

Posted Sun 26 Jan 03 @ 8:38 pm
I tried this out with the 2.1 demo a long time ago.. the only pain in the derier(?) is that the source-plugin can't be minimized and it's in always-on-top mode... kinda annoying :)

Posted Tue 11 Feb 03 @ 9:20 am
Oh.. and if I remember to pop in here from my home-computer I think I might still have my sc_srv.ini left somewhere so that I can supply a little knowledge on the SC-server side :)

Posted Tue 11 Feb 03 @ 9:22 am
I know I prommised to tell you guys something about the server, but I played around with it some time now, and really, it isnt hard to configure at all. Just install, run the server, and edit your configuration to your needs (just look at the instructions in the file).
Tommy: I know you cant minimise it, and typing isnt really easy too. An automatic Title and Artist broadcasting system in Atomix could be very usefull too. Maybe later? A special SC-Broadcast DLL for Atomix? Or isnt SC open source? I'll take a look :):)

Greetz, Ikke

Posted Tue 11 Feb 03 @ 5:37 pm
It's not a simple solution but if someone where to do an effect-plugin for Atomix that simply takes the song-info from the current track and sends it as Shoutcast information either to the server(complicated, since it's already busy talking to source-plugin) or to the source-plugin just as Winamp does then we could possibly use the existing standard SC dll and update the title-info with the help of our newly created effect-plugin.. might be a tough nut to crack, maybe it's easier to ask Stephan for info on how to do a custom SC dll that Atomix can record to AND get the songinfo into :)

Posted Wed 12 Feb 03 @ 12:57 pm
I am trying to download some effects, where do I find the .dll files plz.

Ian

Posted Wed 12 Feb 03 @ 1:18 pm
Slash4PRO InfinityMember since 2003
You're a DEMO user... DEMO users can't access plugins... It's written all over these forums... please read before posting :-)

Posted Wed 12 Feb 03 @ 1:26 pm
You're right Tommy. One only has to know the URL for the HTTP request and the format (XML?).

Posted Wed 12 Feb 03 @ 2:18 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)