Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: problem previewing with 2nd cards...............

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

xaeonnxHome userMember since 2003
I am using a laptop, an external mixer and two souncards (one internal, one Telex P-500) and for some reason i cannot get it to preview with the mixer. I tried the configuration with dual souncards and a mixer, but both headphones and the speakers have the same song playing. I also tried this type of setup without the mixer and although there is a lot of sound bleedthrough, i can still preview on headphones. Please help me, I am not sure what am I doing wrong with the external mixer.

Thanks............

Posted Tue 21 Jan 03 @ 3:58 am
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Hi, I use the same set-up. The internal sound card and a telex device as the 2nd card. And a mixer. Be sure to plug the 2 sound devices into seperate channels on your mixer, and be sure to use the drop down box in the sound configuration to assign which sound card is which (sound card 1, and sound card 2) Also check the windows sound configuration. Make sure that you have the speakers set up as stereo headphones, and any available 3d sound effects or adjustmanet are disabled.

Good luck, that set up will work fine, you just have to get it set up right.

Posted Tue 21 Jan 03 @ 4:07 am
xaeonnxHome userMember since 2003
Hi DJ Rick,

Sorry to be a pain..............but could you please elaborate on the pc sound configuration, I am running WinXP.

I set up the speakers as stereo headphones, but I am not sure how I have to set up the rest, i.e -- what should the default device for "sound playback" be and other things , if i have to change anything else.

Thank you for your help.

Posted Wed 22 Jan 03 @ 10:55 am
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I have the standard on board sound card going into one channel on my mixer, and the telex usb device going into a seperate channel on my mixer. In sound configuration, I have it set to 2 sound cards/mixer. I think you want to use 2 sound cards/headphone-speaker configuration. I've never used it that way, but I know it can be done. (i'm nost positive, but I think it has to do with the slider. Like whatever side the slider is on will be playing through the speakers)

Posted Wed 22 Jan 03 @ 4:49 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)