Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: is 2nd soundcard the only way to go?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

xaeonnxHome userMember since 2003
I have a laptop and with a regular soundcard and i tried to the configuration with the y-splitters (making sure its the right y splitter) and still i am not able to preview the songs. The same sound is coming out of the speakers and the headphones. I also looked up the extigy soundcard, but its about $120............is there a cheaper way to make this thing work? Please help

Posted Sun 12 Jan 03 @ 12:58 am
you can get a cheaper 3d souncard maybe?

Posted Sun 12 Jan 03 @ 1:35 am
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
what you are trying to do will work with one sound card and the correct splitter... I know you said you made sure you had the correct one. But if it isn't working, and you have the atomix sound options configured properly, and your windows sound options configured properly, then unless you have the wrong splitter, it should work.

Posted Sun 12 Jan 03 @ 6:53 am
For a real Djing you need second sound card. I use Telex Usb Audio Device cost 80Euros. Extigy is much more expensive.
About Y spliter, there is something you should know. Except the Y spliter (easy to find one even in supermarket) you need two (2) hand made cables. Two (2) stereo mini jacks (conected in Y spliter) to four (4) RCA conectrors (conected in two line in of your mixer). Also each one of stereo mini jack should be short-circuit right and left audio chanel.

Posted Sun 12 Jan 03 @ 11:19 am
mixalisPRO InfinityMember since 2003
ooops i forgot to login.

Posted Sun 12 Jan 03 @ 11:20 am
Can you please give me the exact model #/name for the Telex?
Also with this card, would i have to use the configuration for the 2 soundcards and the reciever?

Posted Sun 12 Jan 03 @ 10:57 pm
mixalisPRO InfinityMember since 2003
TELEX P-500 Usb audio device

Posted Mon 13 Jan 03 @ 9:40 am
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
don't know if you can get the 500 series anymore. Think it's the 800 series now.. like Telex 840, or something like that.
and by the way... for real DJing you can also use a stereo splitter with your primary sound device. The USB audio device is not absolutely essential.

good luck.

Posted Mon 13 Jan 03 @ 12:23 pm
I got the Telex (this thing is great for the price), thanks.

It works well, but I hear a lot of noise in my headphones when I preview, do you know how I can get rid of the noise?

Posted Wed 15 Jan 03 @ 8:42 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)