Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: 2 cards - 2 volume controls???

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

i plugged an extigy into my laptop to i could do dual soundcard out put, and configured my atomix software with the 2-soundcard/speaker*headphone options.

it worked, as far as funneling the 2 different sounds to the to 2 different cards, but i had NO VOLUME CONTROL for the preview (headphone monitor). the preview was using the laptops default ESS sound device. but the Windows volume only controlled the main's, through the extigy. unfortunately, the headphone volume was just disproportionately LOUD.

any idea how to control these two output volumes seperately? (i wound up using a mixer to control all volume...would prefer to just have the laptop be a standalone option intead of resorting to hooking up ANOTHER device (external mixer)

thanks!
matt

(ps. im also using the pioneer skin, which is awesome.

Posted Wed 08 Jan 03 @ 5:24 am
PerozPRO InfinityMember since 2003
You can set up a lower GAIN volume if your headphone volume is too high. However u can also set up and down the LEVEL volume on the skin during the preview. You could buy a headphone with volume regulation too.
Set up atomix with 3d soundcard (not two cards) and disabilitate CMSS (near the poweron button on your Extigy): your sound will be cleaner.

Enjoy :)

Peroz

Posted Sun 12 Jan 03 @ 5:32 pm
thanks, man!

Posted Mon 13 Jan 03 @ 9:39 pm
PerozPRO InfinityMember since 2003
No prob! U R Welcome =)

Peroz

Posted Mon 13 Jan 03 @ 9:59 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)