Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Crackling Sound???

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have a dial up connection for my pc to connect to the internet. My problem is, when i am using atomix without being connected to the internet its fine, but as soon as i connect, and i am playing a track in atomix, it would start to make crackling sounds in the background. I know its only does this when i connect. Could anybody help me?? Ive been messing with everything to do with atomix and also everything to do with sound on my computer and still can not find out why it does this??

My computer is: AMD 2000xp, Soundblaster Creative audio PCI, 524 Mb DDR RAM, 2x 80Gb harddrives, Geforce 2 64Mb RAM, HSP 56 World Micro Modem.

Posted Sat 04 Jan 03 @ 1:55 pm
CHarmanPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I ran into a simular problem when doing a show for New Years. I thought it might be the amp...it was not.... In desperation I tried one more thing. (not sure it will work for you but it did for me.) I moved my sound card to a different PCI slot. It cured the problem.... hope it works for you.
Carman

Posted Mon 06 Jan 03 @ 11:52 pm
banalacHome userMember since 2003
Hi,

I'm using the Atomix on my PC. My problem is not a big one but I can't use this really great program with WIN ME, because the sound is drops every time with every song!
After that I reinstalled the "old" WIN 98 and I solved the problem. Can you help me why this problem is occured?
Thank you.(and sorry for my bad English)

Posted Tue 07 Jan 03 @ 9:10 am
Ok thankz charman, im gonna try that to see if it workz.
Did it only happen when u connected to the internet or was if different for you?

Dark Storm

Posted Tue 07 Jan 03 @ 5:01 pm
CHarmanPRO InfinityMember since 2003
My problem did not have anything to do with connecting to the internet. Was at a bar I was playing at. One thing else you might look into, or comes to mind is some modems will have a voice option with them, and atomix sound conf. shows this as a sound card. You might look there to see if maybe it has something to do with that, and switch it to your main sound card instead. Just a thought that comes to mind.
OPPS!!! .... Just now noticed that your a demo user....the sound card confg. is disabled in your demo version.
Above all I feel you should upgrade to the full purchased version of AtomixMP3 and you'll find you will also get a LOT more help in any problems you might encounter. Along with the full use of this fantastic software. It's not that much money for what you get. Above all that should be your first step, you will not be sorry.

Posted Wed 08 Jan 03 @ 6:14 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
When I connected my laptop to the internet through a USB connection there was a loud buzz... only solution was to unplug it.

Posted Wed 08 Jan 03 @ 9:14 pm
DJgbhHome userMember since 2002
It sounds if you have a problem with interference from the power source of whatever device is causing it. If it was a car altenator u would use a supreser on the altenator so try a new power supply or a power filter that may work. Just an idea.

Posted Fri 10 Jan 03 @ 11:54 pm
Ive tried moving my sound card to a different pci slot, that was mentioned above. Still i have the same problem. Oh well..... I guess there is no cure for this problem. :((

Dark Storm

Posted Sat 11 Jan 03 @ 2:53 pm
have you tried asking the team?
service@atomixmp3.com

Posted Sat 11 Jan 03 @ 3:04 pm
mUd-VPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Ok the probleme is easy to solve. Dont use your modem. Presently I have 2 sound card. I just have to move the atomix window to Crackling the sound. If you want to use your atomix in real club on front of 100 or more. I sujest you to disconnect all you dont need. You dont need floppy , zip drive modem , serial port , usb fire wire and all software like antivirus scandisk msn mirc icq and of cours remove all sound of windows...etc

And a better modem can help you if you dont want to remove it.

(excise me I am just talk french , i know its poor traduction)

mUd-V

Posted Thu 23 Jan 03 @ 3:33 pm
I'm having some problem when I do recording I don't hear the music for ten min and it comes back on again. I have the full version 2.2 of atomix

Posted Mon 03 Feb 03 @ 1:19 am
Possibly there could be some kind of involuntary resource-sharing problem:
maybe when you're connected some program or hardware causes a conflict with your soundcard or maybe even with Atomix (some other application might be intruding on memory-resources used and reserved by Atomix) but the latter is highly unlikely..
If some other program has this kind of problems with memory-allocation and addressing then unknown data from the other program would be overwriting audio-data stored on reserved memoryspace by Atomix= bizarre glitches and such might occur.

Most likely there's some sort om EMI(electromagnetci interference) between your modem and your soundcard.
Are they both PCI-cards or is the modem external or maybe integrated into the motherboard?

Posted Thu 13 Feb 03 @ 1:46 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)