Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Problem with track speeding out of control - Page: 1

This part of topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information

nancybPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Hello has anyone had this problem: While playing a track it suddenly starts playing at warp speed and I can't slow it down!
Thanks

Posted Sat 31 Jan 04 @ 8:11 am
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
Have you downloaded the latest driver from hercules ?

Posted Sat 31 Jan 04 @ 10:13 am
I seem like the hyper active jog wheel problem. Please look in this forum for additionla information. You probably have to return your DJ Console to Hercules to upgrade the firmware.
Regards Ewout

Posted Sat 31 Jan 04 @ 3:13 pm
nancybPRO InfinityMember since 2004
Where do I get the drivers

Posted Mon 02 Feb 04 @ 5:01 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003

Posted Mon 02 Feb 04 @ 5:20 pm
Hi! I Updated my drivers this week-end. But I think it's almost the same problem.. there is:

I watch mixing for about 45 minutes, while recording, and then my B DECK just starts. I Didn't push anything..and when i stopped it. It re-starts!!!

It stopped when I play with the job wheel... bizarre!!!

Somebody had this problem?? Do I have to send it to Hercules?

Posted Tue 03 Feb 04 @ 12:34 am
twe69Home userMember since 2004
yes a lot of people have had this same problem including me... i had to get an RMA and send it back to hercules to get it repaired... so you will have to do the same thing... make sure they pay for postage cos its a manufacturing fault.... Mine came to about £6.55 - special delivery.... and they have agreed to pay for it...

was wondering if in the future if we can update the firmware at all instead of having to send it to them?

Posted Tue 03 Feb 04 @ 7:09 pm
I sent it today, I am in Montreal and they have a Office here. The guy on the phone told me that normally next week I should have it.

Do anyone in Quebec/Canada has a DJ Console???????

Posted Wed 04 Feb 04 @ 7:07 pm
NAWTBOYPRO InfinityMember since 2003
MINE IS DOING THE SAME THING......

How do you contact Hercules.....They have no phone number on there website.

Posted Thu 05 Feb 04 @ 1:48 am
nawteboy have a look at your manual! Its all in there....

Posted Thu 05 Feb 04 @ 1:55 am
YEAH THE PHONE NUMBER IS AN INTERNATIONAL NUMBER FOR LIKE FRANCE OR SOMETHING.....ISN'T THERE A US NUMBER OR EVEN I'LL TAKE THE CANADIAN NUMBER.

Posted Thu 05 Feb 04 @ 5:45 am
NATBOY,

Hercules is a Canadian company, look at the site: www.hercules.com (I find that in Google, it's very easy to use...)

When you surf in the site you can see:

Hercules Corporate Information
75 Queen St, Suite 2400
Montreal, QC H3C 2N6

Now, I think you can find the telephone number... please search a little...and please disable your caps lock !

Coyote

Posted Thu 05 Feb 04 @ 6:20 am
I've never dealt with a company that makes it so hard to get a hold of....everyone just keeps saying look in the manual....do a google search....how about just having teh number on the website like normal companies. Does anyone have the number that has dealt with them already.

I installed the enw drivers and now I've had more problems than ever......I really didnt have many issues before besides the track speeding up after about 3 hours of play....but now I just installed the new drivers and was at a party and only into the 3rd song the thing started acting crasy. When i would start to fade over from the left the song would slow up as if i was slowing down a vinyl record with my hand. I unplugged the controller and tried plugging it back in but I guess you have to reboot in order for the controller to be recognized again. So i did the rest of the party without the controller....which sucks cuz u have to fade with the mouse and so much for trying to loop a break and hit the start button at the sam time.

Someone please help....I spin twice a week and am ready to go back to my cd decks if this continues....I would love to get the new controller but it has no crossfader and thats the main reason i like hercules.

Posted Fri 06 Feb 04 @ 6:27 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Wow,
OK, I don't have a hercules console. But I have been djing for 15 years. I started out with turntables "back in the day". When the time came to switch over to CD's, I bought a Denon 2000f dual CD player. After I bought that item, I mixed and mixed and mixed at home for a solid month before I took it out to one of my gigs. I can't even begin to imagine how some of you guys can take this herc console out to a gig without extensive testing at home. VDJ works great with a mouse. There's a million possible variations of Keyboard shortcuts. It's fairly clear to me based on what I have seen that for a lot of people, (I don't know if it's most people, many may in fact be having good luck with it) this console seems to be problematic. You have to extensively test fire any new piece of equipment at home for weeks and weeks before you take it out in public. If any even tiny little problem shows up, then you have to BE CERTAIN that it's fixed, and the testing starts all over again.
So, to people who say things like, I was in the middle of a gig, or it pissed off the bar owner, or any statement trying to blame the equipment on a bad gig, sorry... it's hard for me to sympathize with you. I agree that you bought a piece of equipment in good faith, but be smart about it. If you work 4 hour sets, you should test fire any new piece of equipment in a dozen or so 8 hour sets before you set it up in front of the public. If it has problems at home, it will have worse problems at your gigs.
I'd be curious to ask here, has anyong been using the console out in public without any problems? I suspect that as usual, people who are happy with a product don't speak up as often as people who are having problems.
Personally I can't wait to get my hands on an XP-10 or 2. But I assure you that once I have it/them, it'll be several weeks before I take them to work with me. You have to have confidence that your equipment will perform flawlessly to be at your best in front of a crowd. Don't shortcut the testing phase of buying new products.

Posted Fri 06 Feb 04 @ 6:48 pm

Posted Fri 06 Feb 04 @ 7:50 pm
forgot to add that obviously they are the only numbers to contact hercules by....

Posted Fri 06 Feb 04 @ 7:52 pm
Wow?

Yes I agree testing is important, but to say you should test for weeks!! come on, a good week of testing at most! put any new equipment thru its paces, try to test its limits but at the end of the day any equipment bought for a specific job should do that job out of the box! if you buy a car you dont expect to hang on to your old car while you make sure the new one works!!
having said all that, my herc console works fine. I do have a problem with the jog wheel speeding things up now and then but its no biggy.
As for sending the unit back, I use mine 4 to 5 times a week, 90% of my music is now on Mp3 so to send my main piece of equip away for at least a week is a big deal. I have CD back up but that would mean carrying boxes and boxes, no longer practical in some of the venues I work!

Posted Sat 07 Feb 04 @ 2:09 pm
I am having speedup problems sometimes too, slowing down. Sometime exit withou any message into desktop. and sometimes critical warning with an option to recover.

Pity is that i tested it 3 weeks at home.
I was mixing pleayng, searching adding nw songs the whole weekend (sat. 8:00pm when I got the console for 24 hours, and then let it automix until I regenrated in bed) and no problem.
Next week I was sorting my collection making playlists - no problem.
Third weekend al was just fine.

And at the gig a had 1 crash and once all went mad and song just started to slow down speed up. Maybe beacuse of tiny vibrations from the speakers ... I turned the jogging wheels but it wont help, I needed to stop the deck a play the other deck. Reload the song... and that helped.

Now I am having winamp with loaded universal song just for case and it is enough.

Only problem when the music was skipping in a loop was when i was cueing a 300 minute song. Just be patitent and dont panic all will be okay in 20-40 second ;-) DONT REBOOT ...
or rather dont use LOOONG mp3's

Maybethat was the payload of playing the prerecorded WARM-up from the previous week.

I had problems even when I was not recording my live mix to mp3.

Posted Sun 19 Sep 04 @ 2:43 pm
Hey Jennifer ;) what are your laptop specs?

and for loading looooong mp3s, if you load up a song that is beyond the max.load it will still play, but will buffer just a small amount.

and personally, i think a song of 300 minutes is a littlebit overkill. try to look for smaller songs :D

Posted Mon 20 Sep 04 @ 1:01 pm
To deejayfreedom I live in montreal Sherbrooke west and I brought My Dj console here, but that place you talk about I have no number for it, but I find when I convert my mp3s to wave using cool edit I get less errors like the same spin backward shit. I even made 2 music Cds back to back with out freezes from virtual dj.

Posted Thu 30 Sep 04 @ 1:44 am
91%