Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Aspiring newbie wants to become a DJ - please help!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I know everyone has probably read this a million times, but as long as I could remember, I've always dreamt of being as good as Sasha, Mixin Marc, or Paul Oakenfold. Problem is, I never had money for tables :) I need help please! I want to become a DJ, but I have never even tried it. I need help on everything from beatmixing to cutting to using a sampler efficiently, etc, etc, etc... can anyone actually help me out by mebbe pointing me to some tutorials or something? Many many thanx in advance!!

Aspiring DJ in training -- LowlifeX (of course that wouldn't be my name, I'm waiting for it to be given!)

Posted Wed 25 Dec 02 @ 8:32 am
Rodie83Home userMember since 2001
Tsjee man i would like to say: just mix a lot with atomix, try all the buttons, read the forum sometimes if you don't understand certain things. That's what I do, mixing gets better when you do it a lot. Have a nice christmas ya all and a happy new year.

What if I said for my THREE cents?

Roderick

Posted Wed 25 Dec 02 @ 8:28 pm
CHarmanPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Check DJ Homeboys forum....he is willing to set up sessions to help out with the things you need.
Otherwise, as in an earler post.... practice, practice, with Atomix and have fun with it. Try new things all the time... if your doing it for yourself you'll start to get the hang of it after many, many attemps. No one starts great. They make themself that way.
Keep trying. And Happy Mixing.
CHarman
P.S. shell out the $60.00 bucks for the Full Version. You'll find out like I did ..... that it will be the best purchase of your life. NO BS.

Posted Thu 26 Dec 02 @ 2:27 am
kheyoPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Yes , I must to admit that Atomix is perfect to begin, let your feeling goes with it and use it and practise it, the rest will follow quickly if you really want to mix well. come back to see us if you have further questions.

Kheyo :)))

Posted Fri 27 Dec 02 @ 8:01 am
Hey Lowlife:

Are you by any chance located near Chicago? I ask because you mentioned Mixin' Marc and he's a Chi-Town DJ. I myself am located in the Chicago suburbs (southwest) and would be more than happy to get together with you and show you the ropes if you do in fact live close. Lemme know with a message here in the forum or email:

djsk@djcentral.com

Sean

Posted Fri 27 Dec 02 @ 7:26 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)