Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: GREAT idea! Tempo Alert thingy

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

simy222Home userMember since 2002
first of all, wicked program, im in sydney australia, and with this program, and only one soundcard, on a laptop can mix better than heaps of dj's around town.

Ok heres what i've found to be a prob, mainly when im a bit trashed mixing at a party or something...

Sometimes ill cue a song but it will adjust the tempo soooo much that it really is unplayable, ( i know bad choice of songs to mix ) but sometimes, i wont realise it until its tooo late!!! so how about a FLASHING tempo bar or some other alert, just to let you know that the 2 songs ur trying to mix really dont go together, ie, atomix is having to adjust the mix in track wayyyyyy to much.

how kewl is that idea ?

ok thats all,
si.

Posted Sat 14 Dec 02 @ 8:15 am
jackcuHome userMember since 2004
Do you have the pitch range set to 8%? If you do, then you shouldn't get this problem. If you cue a song that is outwith a bpm that can be matched using 8% it will simply stay at its original tempo and you will hear that you can't beatmatch it - or is this what you are looking for?

I just look at the pitch and if the bpm's are different and the pitch stays at 100% I know it won't match - but maybe a flashing light in this situation WOULD flag it up a little bit quicker.

Cheers,

Jack.

Posted Thu 19 Dec 02 @ 1:19 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)