Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Would like to know if any one uses Atomix in a Radio Station?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

CHarmanPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Would like to hear from anyone using Atomix in a Radio Station. My self, Think it is the next best thing to sliced Bread.

Posted Tue 26 Nov 02 @ 10:28 pm
I did it on a radio show.But just once.Its the same with club just connect it to the mixer and it is ok:)

Posted Wed 27 Nov 02 @ 1:48 am
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I was on the air at an oldies station for 4 years, but that was pre-Atomix... I mean they only had about 100 CD's... Long time ago..

Posted Wed 27 Nov 02 @ 2:37 am
mixalisPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I own a local radio station in Greece and i use, sometimes, atomix on the air. This program is for clubs or bars but you can use it even in the radio. The fact is for the radio station you have to manage the commersials and atomix does not doing that jod. I use megamix xp pro for the radio work. It is proffecional it cost 2000$ and does the job. Atomix cost less than 60$ so dont ask from a low cost program to do the same work like an expencive one pro radio station program. Realy, i have try all of them, atomix is by far the best you can by for mixing in club.

Posted Wed 27 Nov 02 @ 9:11 am
Glad to see some others using this in the same way. In answer to the person in Greece, the station I work at has a program AXIS to do commericals and can be tied into cd players (the 100 disc type) for mjusic also. But, I just use it on another pot of the board. I find the samples feature of Atomix very handy as I can put pad music on one and an ending on another then if copy or break I am doing runs shorter than the pad music, I just click to it and end that section. Plus the fact to be able to search the entire data base at a few keystokes and tell your caller: "Yes, I'll get that song on for you, OR I'll see what I can do. (if you don't have the song)."

Posted Wed 27 Nov 02 @ 6:43 pm
mixalisPRO InfinityMember since 2003
The program we use for the radio station is megamix2002 xp pro. It work with mp3 stored in hd. Manage commersials, programs songs by date, time, drives rds messages, and do everything a pro radio station need. Atomix is not like that and megamix it is not like atomix. For sure atomix is the best software for dj mixing in a clab, in a bar or in a bub. I cant work with megamix in a club but i cant work the radio station with atomix. It is deferents programs for deferents jobs.

Sorry for my English,,,,)

Posted Wed 27 Nov 02 @ 9:00 pm
I used to work in a radio station and they use a professional program I don't remember the name, but now I go around and play for functions like weedings, birthday parties and local parties and use the ATOMIX what i do is on 12 function keys program my comercials and then is just press the botton and of it goes.
So far I had no problem, for clubs I have other files and them is just a question of programing the function keys.

Posted Sat 30 Nov 02 @ 1:20 pm
don't forget atomix is a program created for playing live.And also dont forget that in a radio station there is some hours (during the night) that nobody is mixing live but there are some people to control other techincal stuffs.Atomix is not made for this hours.But i think it is always usefull to have it in a radio station for the time that you want to mix live.

Posted Sun 01 Dec 02 @ 3:06 pm
Glad to hear from you dimitris_tsanak.... yes I agree that Atomix would not be much for unattended use at a radio station. The one I work for has other software on another computer for this use, as it is sattelite programing, (mine is the only live production at this time). Just got the station to purchase their version of Atomix for me to use at the station, (now I don't have to haul my computer up three flights of stairs to be able to use this fantastic program to make me sound good, and professional.) And yes, use the samples fuction alot for different things....Jingles, commericals, pad music, along with sound effects. Atomix may not have been designed for this use, but it works better than some other software made for radio use, costing hundreds if not thousands more. This is not to say it is the hands down winner as there are a lot of other things needed at stations, like logging and other needs.....but, it works for me.....that's that's all that matters. Maybe the team should get their heads together and bring out a Atomix version made for use in radio stations. I will make my experience avaliable if they want to take on a project like this.

Posted Sun 01 Dec 02 @ 4:01 pm
jukesyPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Live every Wednesday 10pm to 11pm on URN1350 MW. It is also broadcast worldwide over the net on www.urn1350.net/listenlive.

Posted Mon 02 Dec 02 @ 5:49 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)