Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: is the moderator a bit too defensive and squeamish?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

The answer is a resounding YES.

According to the rule of this forum, anything about atomixmp3 or not can be discussed here. I posted one message asking about what others' thoughts on different music creation software, it got deleted right away.
And I asked if anyone has tried the new traktor studio 2, the thread got shut down.

If you cannot abide by the rules, change the rules and make them public or let someone else who can be the moderator.

Otherwise, don't silence others just because you are such a defensive idiot who is too insecure about Atomixmp3 to let people discuss other products.

Posted Tue 26 Nov 02 @ 7:00 am
Anything about AtomixMP3, or not about it... this a general discussion (sic...)
You can speak about everything which is not illegal ! :))

I could not care less about some ranking that I have never heard of. But the job of the moderator is to enforce the rules of a forum, not to break it.
Now, as far as I can see, the only reason for closing or removing a thread is because it is ILLEGAL!.

And from common sense and the usage of the word "illegal", what determines something is illegal or not has to be based on a law legislated in a certain state..
Tell me: according to what law in what country are my posts, which got removed or closed, is ILLEGAL. Of course I may not be aware of all the laws in all the states on earth, but I still would like the moderator to give some evidence of the existence of such a law unless of course the moderator lives in a country that is not on this planet earth and he/she has taken upon himself/herself to be the legislative body of that imaginary state of his/hers, in which case I am quite happy to face the consequence of breaking that particular legislation as long as the company that has sold me my copy of Atomixmp3 does likewise in the country it is incorporated (Is it France?) as it in no uncertain way makes the usage of this forum as part of the product to all its customers as long as users abide by the rules made publicly known to all users.

Thanks for reminding, but I think I have chosen my wording quite carefully.

Posted Tue 26 Nov 02 @ 7:37 am
OyyoDamsPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
Don't forget a little thing: you're on the Atomixmp3 forums, we can decide if we keep a post or not on our forums. If you have a problem write a mail to the idiots (us) instead of posting such posts.

I won't go on the microsoft web site to ask them if mac or linux is better. Thing about it...

Posted Tue 26 Nov 02 @ 8:00 am
Just because people at microsoft are insecure about its products, which I am not certain it is, does certain behavior of the moderators on this forum makes it any more defensible. I consider that any disagreement to this assertion comes necessarily from someone who needs to take a most elementary course in logic.

Rules are rules, especially when made public. I am not disputing that the rules can be changed to "Anthing that the moderators like". But since it has not been changed, I think the proper and decent way for the moderators to behave is to abide by the rules made public. Otherwise, please do change the rules to reflect the intended behavior of the moderators.

I sense a certain defensiveness and insecurity on the moderators' part about Atomixmp3 in behaving in this squeamish way. And from my opinion, it is entirely unnecessary and also reflects badly on the product for the product will stand or fall on its own merits, the recognition of which is supported by all those who have purchased it including yours truly.

To me, the defensiveness and insecurity exhibited by certain moderator(s) not only show an inadequacy in this exhibiters' character and fairness in their moderating, they also hurt the product for people will show more reluctance in trusting all the others nice things that might be uttered by those same moderators. As an Atomixmp3 user, I prefer others evaluate the product fairly for I think it is a good product that meets the needs of many, though there is much improvement that can be made to make it a better product.

An objective and fair assessment of the product's strengths and weaknesses, no matter difficult it is to do so, is an honorable way to present it to potential buyers. But using one's capability as a moderator to shut down others' fair-minded opinion is a very cowardly way to hide behind the a thinly veiled internet connection line suitable only to ostriches digging their heads in the sand.

Posted Tue 26 Nov 02 @ 8:30 am
By the way, a comparison of different operating systems is a most relevant question to a potential buyer of one. An honest salesperson should certainly give a potential buyer an objective answer to and a potential buyer can and will evaluate the answer including his/her assessment of the objectivity of the answer in determining whether or not he/she would purchase a certain product.

Posted Tue 26 Nov 02 @ 8:36 am
Sorry for repeating myself. But I was only trying to defend my opinion against those who disagree with me.

Proposed New Rule of the forum:
No more posting is allowed if a certain member has heard of it.

But give us a way to know ahead of the time whether you think no more needs to be said. Or you will have to conclude every posting with that same message.

Posted Tue 26 Nov 02 @ 8:51 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)