Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: BEHRINGER DX1000 or VMX 300 ?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi all,

Shopping around for a new mixer .... I really wanted to get a DX-500 ... but they are now discontinued ... My only options are a DX-1000 or a VMX 300; They're pretty much the same price (Approx ~$160 USD) !!!!!! (I am ONLY interested in behringer, not numark, not vestax. Only Behringer). I tried getting a DX500 off ebay, But they are hard to find and I do not like the idea of getting a used one.

Features I like about them:

VMX 300:

* Fader Curve Controls
* Beat counters (pretty useless considering I have atomix)
* Nice Design

DX1000

* MANY MANY Channels !!! (Too much though)
* PUNCH BUTTONS !!!
* I'd be the koolest kid on the block having one
* Looks cool with all those faders/controls
* Balanced XLR outputs (which I do not need for home use)

I'm geared more towards the VMX ... I was considering a 200 ... but I don't wanna be like Jim and kick myself in the ass later !!! I'll be willing to sheel out the extra $$$.

Or should I really do my best to get a DX-500 somehow ?!??!

Thanks !!

Posted Tue 19 Nov 02 @ 4:27 pm
EkinoxPRO InfinityMember since 2003
i'v got a dx-1000 since one year:no problem and its a good product.
Ekinox

Posted Tue 19 Nov 02 @ 6:00 pm
"Or should I really do my best to get a DX-500 somehow ?!??! "

Yes i think this is the best solution.Dont forget that dx-500 will cover your needs at least for 3 years.

Posted Tue 19 Nov 02 @ 7:01 pm
I have ruled out the Dx1000 .... now it has come down to DX500 vs. VMX 300 !!!!!!

BOTH ARE REALLY GOOD MIXERS ..... they just have different features. I need advice here !!!!!!!!!!!

Posted Wed 20 Nov 02 @ 1:11 am
How the hell do u put a mixers plug into a small soundcard slot?????????

Posted Wed 20 Nov 02 @ 3:23 pm
you use phono - jack (same as headphone)
phonos go into mixer jack goes in soundcard!!!

VMX 300 all the way Trip!!!!

Posted Wed 20 Nov 02 @ 7:38 pm
RedEyzHome userMember since 2003
I have a VMX200 and I love it. The sound is incredible, the faders are absolutely amazing - and you can't beat the price.

Posted Thu 21 Nov 02 @ 12:57 am
Thanks for all your help guys ! I LOVE the faders on the behringer period !! Even though the 500 is a Classic that I can't go wrong with ... but I am settling for a VMX-300 !! I looks really cool and have heard of many improvements !

I am getting it for $135 USD Plus shipping through the "Buy it now" option on Ebay

Posted Thu 21 Nov 02 @ 3:54 am
I hope you're getting a NIB product. I don't trust people on Ebay as far as I can throw 'em. For stuff in the future, i'd reccommend going to sites like hollywooddj.com to find superlow prices, then go to other sites that do pricematching. That's how I got my stanton str8-s for a nice price.

phatty720
dave

Posted Thu 21 Nov 02 @ 5:30 am
eh !! you got your STr8's !!!!!!! awesome !!

I will never buy a used product ... ALthough I 've had success with buying used ones .... I can't go wrongcoughing up a few more $$$ for a NIB product.

I was considering the UMX ... it seems really nice and all .... but behringer just has way more features ! Beatcounters will be a big time saver when I get a CD player ... I am thinking of getting a CDN-25 ... they're no DN-9000's .... but they are pretty decent which get the job done.

Posted Thu 21 Nov 02 @ 5:51 am
RedEyzHome userMember since 2003
www.123dj.com

Posted Fri 22 Nov 02 @ 2:04 pm
Those f*cking idiots refuse to tell me how much shipping is !!

Posted Fri 22 Nov 02 @ 5:36 pm
The beatcounter, do they work, don't they have a delay and is it really that good?????
I mean for vinyl etc

SinnuH

Posted Fri 22 Nov 02 @ 10:06 pm
I don't care much about the beatcounter .... yeah I'm sure they're off a bit ... but can even shave 10-20 seconds off the beatmatching routine.

I still don't know about a DX-500 or VMX !!!!!!! I have heard good things about both .... a dx is a classic that I can't go wrong with, but a VMX is newer which has better faders.

But I love the punch buttons on the DX500 ?! DAMMIT !! I don't know !

Posted Tue 26 Nov 02 @ 5:44 am
The best dj`s pro store ever seen is : www.audiolines.com It`s in Chicago. Take a look !

Posted Fri 29 Nov 02 @ 5:28 pm
Hi guys
I have check the sites you talk but the problem is that I'm from Europe and the shipment cost are too high can someone tell of a site in Europe that I can shop for a good mixer.
I have a 2 channel mixer with bass,treble controls, fader, killer punch, channel gain, etc, but I want to go higher because for Karaoke this is too limited.
IF THERE IS SOMEONE INTERESTED IN THIS MIXER i WILL SELL IT FOR 125 EUROS "ACOUSTIC CONTROL MODEL DJ-202" IN EXCELLENT CONDITION STILL HAVE THE ORIGINAL BOX AND INSTRUCTIONS MANUAL

Posted Sat 30 Nov 02 @ 1:11 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)