Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: whats new in the Beta 2.2 - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

i agree with tommy, id3 support would be SO cool. i am frequently asked which album a song i'm playing came from. usually i can't answer this question because i only see artist and song title in atomix. i could start winamp and look at the tag there, but it would be really convenient if atomix displayed it :)

leetpa: which touchscreen model do you use?

Posted Fri 29 Nov 02 @ 2:55 pm
Yes! ASIO needed!

So the program will support REAL pro soundcards with multiple channels out.

Posted Fri 29 Nov 02 @ 8:14 pm
GrimmPRO InfinityMember since 2003
WMA is almost as bad as mp3"pro". OGG would have a much better standard to support. Better audio at the same bitrates as compared to regular mp3.

Grimm

Posted Sat 30 Nov 02 @ 9:54 am
sdemHome userMember since 2002
hi folks!!
ASIO_asio_ASIO_asio
or equal professional sound driver with support for professional USB-sound devices like emagic , not that crapy old xaudio.dll

Posted Mon 02 Dec 02 @ 9:05 pm
abnormPRO InfinityMember since 2003
What's the advantage of having ASIO? I know my soundcard supports it but I am still not exactly sure.

Posted Mon 02 Dec 02 @ 11:19 pm
ASIO : much lower matency

Posted Tue 03 Dec 02 @ 10:12 pm
TermalHome userMember since 2002
ASIO plz.

0ms of latency with my waveterminal 192m on traktor 2.0 :)

(P3 800mhz, 512Mb ram, waveterminal 192m)

Posted Thu 05 Dec 02 @ 10:02 pm
TermalHome userMember since 2002
...and OGG support plz.

Posted Thu 05 Dec 02 @ 10:04 pm
a1varezHome userMember since 2003
but, when are we going to be able to enjoy the new version ?
i'm not desperate but why is taking too long ?
Also hope this version be only for registered user.
Thanks in advance

Posted Fri 06 Dec 02 @ 6:47 pm
nateHome userMember since 2001
AGREED! OGG should be supported!

WMA is microsoft. ICK !!

Personally, I'd like to see a Linux port of AtomixMP3, then a full hardware solution. A generic mini-P4 running Linux, flatscreen, AtomixMP3, integrated M-Audio sound, a custom keyboard to control it, and drivers to make it all happen. now that would be FAT!

But.. back to reality.. OGG would be a wiser choice for a standard, it's much better than WMA and isnt proprietary.

good luck with 2.2, I hope the development efforts are going well:)

Posted Fri 06 Dec 02 @ 7:25 pm
ikkeHome userMember since 2003
Tss, I hate this. No WMA because it's MS. That's like all people saying they use PHP and not ASP.Net because the last one is MS. If you just look around (sorry, just my opinion) you can't deny that ASP.Net is loads better and even easier than PHP. I can write something for you in ASP.Net in 20 lines, while in PHP you'd have to use 50 lines or something. Also the WebServices (asmx) are very usefull.
I know MS isn't always 100% OK, but saying everything by MS is in-se wrong, sorry, than you should think about it.
Just like Visual Studio. In my opinion, VS.Net can't be compared to any other development studio, sorry.

Just my 2 cents,
Ikke

PS Please don't think I'm anti-open-source et alia or something! I've gor Linux running myself here too!!! But I just can't bear people telling everything by MS is bad, without even knowing what they're talking about. Maybe it's not the case with WMA, but... K sorry ;)

Posted Fri 06 Dec 02 @ 7:59 pm
Even if I don't see the point of having wma at the moment (and I insist on "at the moment"), there must be a good reason the team implemented this feature. I can't imagine them doing extra work for nothing. Let's trust AtomixMP3 developper's tem. These guys have a business to run, and business is not always about being pragmatic but most of the time, business is a matter of compromise. Keep on rollin' dudes, you rock!

As of people asking why ASIO? Simple, if you have a USB audio interface with 2 x 2 stereo output, you can only use one with MME drivers (problems between MME & USB). If Atomix becomes ASIO compatible then you can use all outputs. Not to mention the better lattency.

My two cents on this ... all the best to the community.

Posted Sun 08 Dec 02 @ 9:57 pm
nateHome userMember since 2001
agreed. I prefer ASP also, it's easier, less complicated, and faster :D

But WMA vs OGG, OGG wins hands down.

Posted Mon 09 Dec 02 @ 6:32 pm
sdemHome userMember since 2002
yes Lavoisier!!!
ASIO is needed for all us, LapTop-DJs with the usb-soundcards, for 2x2 channels support!!

Posted Tue 10 Dec 02 @ 2:25 pm
jackcuHome userMember since 2004
Like a previous poster, I'm no cheerboy for Microsoft, but I have to say that a 128kbps .wma file is massively better in sound quality than a 128kbps .mp3 (the same for higher bitrates). Ogg is very good, but if I am really worried about that last bit of quality, I play the original .wav file. Sure it uses up far more space but disks are so cheap right now.

On a related topic - how often does anyone ever comment on the sound quality of what you are playing? I can hear the difference when I stand out front in a gig, but no-one has ever mentioned it. I wonder whether the "average" punter can actually tell the difference - especially through a PA at high volume levels.

Just my .02,

Cheers,

Jack.

Posted Tue 17 Dec 02 @ 1:50 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)