Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Cross fader problem

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

bosvarkHome userMember since 2002
hi there
recently my crossfader became stuck just of centre and when i try to drag it to the left or right it automatically jumps back to teh centre. this makes mixing impossible. Has anyone else had this problem?
i reinstalled win XP on my PIII and installed the lastest drivers for my SB Live
the software has worked on my pc for almost a year now and i cannot understand whats going
thanx

Posted Mon 18 Nov 02 @ 7:58 pm
the cross afder actually sits just of centre and seems to be trying to jump to the absolute centre the whole time as it is continuously moving from about a millimetre to the left to right (shivering)

Posted Mon 18 Nov 02 @ 8:09 pm
you tried reinstalling it?

Posted Tue 19 Nov 02 @ 12:15 am
many many times

Posted Tue 19 Nov 02 @ 8:53 am
with which click you moove fader?

Posted Tue 19 Nov 02 @ 9:58 am
well DJ Coco at support suggested i unplug my joystick and atomix is working again
far out

Posted Wed 20 Nov 02 @ 11:20 pm
yes you can use a joystick to control the crossfader

Posted Wed 20 Nov 02 @ 11:22 pm
Cool!

That shivering motion really implies there are two conflicting devices (joystick struggling to center it, mouse struggling towards the wanted position) so it seems logical now that you know the solution :)
Kinda like when I experimented with USB-mouse + PS/2-mouse, the cursor was affected by both at once: one up, one down = cursor stands still :)

Posted Wed 27 Nov 02 @ 9:04 am
Btw.. I might as well say the word that will send DIY-people to the electronics-store: potentiometer! :)

A slide-potentionmeter, a knob, some lenght of (speaker)wire and a joystickport-connector is all you need for a homemade crossfader.. not sure if it's worth the money though since a 1-axis "joystick"/slider isn't that useful in other purposes :)

Posted Wed 27 Nov 02 @ 2:16 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)