Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Invalid Skin File???

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

DJ PiCHome userMember since 2002
I have been using the software with-out any trouble, but now today when I start it, before the atomix loads it says "Invalid Skin File" What do I do, I really need to get this to work, I am DJing a party in less than a week. HELP!!
Thanks,
Greg

Posted Sun 17 Nov 02 @ 10:40 pm
DJ PiCHome userMember since 2002
I am a registered user, but I just changed the status today, before posting, thus the "demo user" status writen to the left. Just thought I would let you know.

Posted Sun 17 Nov 02 @ 10:41 pm
you need to reinstall atomix but back up you internal database so you dont lose you bpm's etc

Posted Sun 17 Nov 02 @ 11:55 pm
I'll try that, thank you very much.
Greg

Posted Mon 18 Nov 02 @ 12:01 am
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I got that error message after I had inadvertantly deleted the skin the I had selected the last time I had run Atomixmp3. If you can reinstall the skin that it's looking for when it's launched, you'll probably be fine.

Posted Mon 18 Nov 02 @ 12:17 am
I've had the problem before. There are several causes. I had to reinstall atomix before, because I renamed a skin file I was working on (which was selected in atoimix for use) and forgot the previous name.

Posted Mon 18 Nov 02 @ 6:44 am
mixalisPRO InfinityMember since 2003
You do not have to reinstall atomix. Rename any skin to default.bmp and its xml file to default.xml. This two files are in skin folder of atomix.
In case you must reinstall atomix keep a copy of atomixmp3internaldatabase file, language.xml and yoursort.scu file.

Posted Sat 23 Nov 02 @ 9:40 pm
djborisHome userMember since 2003
I still can't get rid of Inavlid Skin File, so my atomix don't work, what is going on, where did my money go?
there is no skin folder anywhere, and i don't konw what to do, i am frustrated and i need it working fast!!!!

Posted Tue 04 Mar 03 @ 12:16 am
if there is no skins folder then thats the reason!
go to the atomixmp3 folder and create a folder called skins and download any skin file and unzip into the folder you just created!

Posted Tue 04 Mar 03 @ 12:45 am
thank you, I tried but still get Invalid Skin File. It seems my atomix folder contains only one folder: Effects. I do not have a saved copy of the download. What do I do?

Posted Tue 04 Mar 03 @ 3:01 am
thank you, I tried but still get Invalid Skin File. It seems my atomix folder contains only one folder: Effects. I do not have a saved copy of the download. What do I do?

Posted Tue 04 Mar 03 @ 3:01 am
download a skin
make a "Skins" folder in the atomixmp3-folder
extract the skin to this folder
rename the two files to default.bmp and default.xml

Hope this helps
Jim

Posted Tue 04 Mar 03 @ 3:57 am
thanks Jim, but nothing works. Still need help.

Posted Tue 04 Mar 03 @ 6:21 am
Atomix still not working. I downloaded the trial version and this one won't work either, error remains Invalid Skin File.
What is happening?

Posted Tue 04 Mar 03 @ 6:45 am
Atomix sent me a new version that I downloaded, but this one still won't wotk because of an inavalid skin file. How do I fix this?

Posted Tue 04 Mar 03 @ 1:56 pm
Atomix sent me a new version that I downloaded, but this one still won't wotk because of an inavalid skin file. How do I fix this?

PerozPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Unistall and reinstall your atomixmp3.
You can alsto try to delete your damaged skin and rename a new working one with the same name of the damaged one. Rename both the two files: xxx.bmp and xxx.xml
Good luck!

Peroz

Posted Tue 04 Mar 03 @ 4:53 pm
abnormPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Uninstall Atomix from Add/Remove programs, delete the C:\ProgramFiles\Atomixmp3 folder and finally click on START> RUN > type in REGEDIT
In the registry go to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINESOFTWARE and delete the whole ATOMIXMP3 folder.

After that reinstall Atomixmp3 one more time.

This should work because just uninstalling Atomixmp3 won't get rid of the reg entries.

Posted Tue 04 Mar 03 @ 10:12 pm
mixalisPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Uninstall all atomix version that you have.
Go to start / run and type regedit .
Go to find and type atomixmp3
Delete all atomixmp3 registry entries
Turn off your computer
Install atomix again.
In atomixmp3 folder must be a skin folder.

Posted Wed 05 Mar 03 @ 8:42 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)