Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: 1600x1200 Skin available? Or customizable playlist window?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

IcetearHome userMember since 2002
Hello!

I don't know if this issue was addressed before, well, I didn't found an answer to this yet.
I am using a resolution of 1600x1200 and I need some more space for the playlist. I find it very annoying to rely on the search function, I like the explorer style where I can scroll down my whole list of songs I need. The 1280 resolution still is not satisfying. I know the skins are XML based but I am not skilled enough to make my own skin.
Is it known that a 1600x1200 skins exists yet or is it possible to make Atomix Resizable (which would be very useful, cause there are DJs out there that need other programs too while using atomix ;-))?

Thanks and Greetings from Germany
Mario Gaida

Posted Fri 15 Nov 02 @ 9:34 pm

Posted Mon 18 Nov 02 @ 6:50 am
you are kidding aren't you?
I have no problems with my eyes, I don't need to have superbig buttons. I just need a skin which has more space for the playlist (vertical + horizontal).

The skin you wrote about is possibly perfect suited for a DJ that has already drunk some whiskey... *g*

Posted Sun 24 Nov 02 @ 6:17 pm
Take the cucumber outta your @ss ... I was just trying to help out man !!!!!!!!!

Posted Mon 25 Nov 02 @ 7:40 am
Hey no offense meant, keep calm.
Yesterday was a hard day, sorry for that. I appreciate your help but unfortunately it didn't answered my question.

Posted Mon 25 Nov 02 @ 1:42 pm
I was working on a skin with fairly small buttons but in the same res as Grimms' 1280 but currently I'm without a PC so my project has literally been bagged (my HD lies in the top drawer of my desk in a neat little antistatic-bag :( )

Posted Wed 27 Nov 02 @ 8:59 am
abnormPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I've been waiting for a decent 1280 skin for months. I am using my LCD screen during live gigs and ofcourse as almost any other LCD it has a native res of 1280, everything else looks blurry and stretched out. If anyone can resize Darkfunblue (my favorite skin) to 1280 or make a new good skin, I'd be very thankfull. I don't understand why so few people are asking for that.

Posted Sat 30 Nov 02 @ 1:30 am
GrimmPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I've found that even 1280x1024 taxes the system greatly when running Atomix. On my system, skins @ 1024x768 run very smooth, except of course when you move any sliders, then you get the very slight jerkiness from the beats window. But at 1280x1024, the beats window is always running a little jerky, and gets much worse when you move any sliders. Maybe my PC is too slow, but I think that maybe its just the way the screen is updated in Atomix. Someone else had recently posted that just playing a mp3 file only takes about 15% of cpu power. But as soon as you start moving any sliders, the cpu usage jumps all the way to 100%! I tried it myself and Atomix does do that.

Anyway, I am working on another 1280x1024 skin. It's not going to be anything revolutionary, but hopefully just something for those who want big skins. I'm making the controls smaller to allow for a very large playlist window, and also moving the controls more to the center of the screen. I'm not sure how long it will be till I release it, since my creative juices are not flowing and I'm just struggling to get ideas.

Grimm

Posted Sun 01 Dec 02 @ 5:18 pm
abnormPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Can you resize some of the best 1024 skins to 1280 as a side project? That would make some of us very very happy.

Posted Sun 01 Dec 02 @ 8:33 pm
If anyone has ideas for 1280x1024-skins in terms of space-displacement (how big the controls/browser should be and what would be a good layout of it all) that would help us skinners a lot...

I don't have a PC at home right now and I won't until the prices drop after Xmas so I can't help at the moment but I know that most of the time it takes to make a skin is just "Where should I put X, how big can/should X be...".
The XML-markup of the coordinates is a piece of cake once the bmp's are made :)
Sooo.. a basic sketch of a nice, intuitive, layout might get one or two skinners inspired :)

Posted Tue 03 Dec 02 @ 11:42 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)