Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Dancing .... !!!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

My girlfriend and I hit the clubs every so often ... she loves to dance ... but I really don't.

I look at other guys, and guys generally just don't how to dance !!!! I always hear girls make fun of how guys can't dance !!! Its freaking hiliarious though !!! But anyways .... My girlfriend is always trying to get me to dance. I try, but I just give up. Alot of it has to do with music they play. I can only dance to music I like.

Even being drunk doesn't help !

Guys .... any tips ?

Posted Thu 14 Nov 02 @ 5:44 am
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
Have fun ! You have a girlfriend she has seen you dance obviously she doesn't mind how you dance or she wouldn't ask. Who cares what the other girls think you have a gf !!
The less time you spend worrying about how you look when you are dancing the worse it will look. As noted above Have Fun !!

Posted Thu 14 Nov 02 @ 6:12 am
She's made fun of me before about it ... thats the thing !

Posted Thu 14 Nov 02 @ 6:53 am
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
Uh oh ! lol

Posted Thu 14 Nov 02 @ 7:29 am
I don't know what's worst.
My girlfriend doesn't like to dance and when we are at the nighclub she stay stucked to the table drinking our bottle and talking to people, and what's more... she laughs at me because I keep dancing all the time.

Stef.

Posted Thu 14 Nov 02 @ 7:32 am
FluidixHome userMember since 2002
I've noticed the trick to dancing to any type of hi-tempo dance music works best if you concentrate on the b-line. Let it work its magic on your lower spine and wiggle that ass!
My wife tells me that I used to dance like I was having a fit (in fact she's pulled me off the floor before, thinking I WAS having a fit!), then I learened the spine trick and now people pay compliments.

Of course there's always the 'big fish - little fish - cardboard box' routine. If anyones familar with that?

Posted Thu 14 Nov 02 @ 2:33 pm
LOL @ Stef !!!! Drinking the bottle !!! Who would've thought that Stef is the dancing machine !!!

Ummmmmmmm, I'll stay away from the "spine" trick. As much as I would love to "shake my ass", I'll leave that up for the girls in the club.

Posted Thu 14 Nov 02 @ 3:16 pm
DJ JimHome userMember since 2003
I'm 46 years old. I've seen just about every style of dancing you can thing of. And I've seen it in clubs in 11 different countries. Dancing from the most gracefull to what looked like a fish out of water flopping around on the floor.

Don't worry about what other people think, just get out there and have fun!!!!

DJ_JIM

Posted Fri 15 Nov 02 @ 12:39 am
Nice... people tell me I dance like a jelly-fish.. wierd huh. But that's just to trance. My advice... get a big mirror.. or a videocamera.. not kidding, if it really concerns you that much - practice and see what it looks like.

Posted Fri 15 Nov 02 @ 9:12 pm
kheyoPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Yeah, trip_likeido, when you go to clubs, you're not alone I suppose ! With your girl friend, your friends .... If you have a friend who dance as you like, go with him and try to slowly imitate him. Take a dream, get in the mood and no matter what people can think or say. Get in the music you like and most important have fun. It will be a very good beginning !!!

kheyo :))

Posted Sun 17 Nov 02 @ 4:22 pm
kheyoPRO InfinityModeratorMember since 2003
Heu ..."take a dream" okay but I wanted to write "take a drink" !!! heu...sorry for this mistake LOL !!!

kheyo :)

Posted Sun 17 Nov 02 @ 4:26 pm
mhvuHome userMember since 2003
Bend your knees, shake your ass, feel the bassline, and move your hand with the beats... and have alot of fun.

Posted Mon 18 Nov 02 @ 6:20 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)