Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Problems with Sound Blaster 5.1 and P III

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

arvyControlleristMember since 2003
I have a P III 1Ghz, with shareware version of Atomix 2.1, with my SB 5.1 sometimes the sound "jumps", including the sound graphic. With my second sound card I dont have problems. Any ideas about incompatibility with Pentium III and SB 5.1?

Posted Sun 10 Nov 02 @ 12:32 am
FluidixHome userMember since 2002
I have the same trouble with the same tech. But I have noticed that the jumps and skips do not get recorded on the wave output - fine if your recording but if your live then its still a hassle

Posted Wed 13 Nov 02 @ 6:13 pm
arvyControlleristMember since 2003
Cool, i didnt test while recording... but I use Atomix live, so, thats IS a problem for me, I'm using another (secondary) sound card when I perform live.

In the Portuguese Forum, a user reported the same problem (jumps) with Sound Blaster 5.1 using an AMD Athlon, so, the error isnt in P III. I think there are some problem with Atomix + SB Live 5.1

Posted Tue 24 Dec 02 @ 12:35 pm
DJgbhHome userMember since 2002
What operating system are you using ?

Posted Fri 10 Jan 03 @ 11:57 pm
DJ CocoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Its not a problem with the Sound Card, cause i am using it without any skip.
the problem comes from your OS.-
Clean it, install the soundcard again, install the last DirectX, unplug any USB device you may have and disable any firewall or antivirus.

Bye,
DJ Coco

Posted Tue 14 Jan 03 @ 4:05 pm
Hi,

I had the same problem with my Sound Blaster PCI 128. It only happend because i had updated my driver for my sound card. The sound just skipped in some parts. Its really annoying.

What i did was change the card accelaration settings, from full accelarartion to basic accelaration. And hey presto!! It works!! No skipping.... :)) Hope it works for you.

Dark Storm

Posted Wed 12 Feb 03 @ 10:42 pm
mmm ... in don't have that problem...
Try with more memory... like 512 MB Ram.. or more :)

Posted Wed 20 Apr 05 @ 8:18 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)