Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Sound Quality Compromised!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I notice that every time I mix music with the time strech enabled, the quality of the sound is very noticeable compromised. There are certain frequencies that occasionally 'disappears' and the bpm of the track seems to run (although in reality it is constant). This is only true when the pitch of the track is changed. I first thought this was only due to the fact that my system was in fact quite slow, however i have used AtomixMp3 on even more faster and powerful systems and the problem still occurs.
I have been a loyal fan of this software even when it was still known as 'Virtual DJ'. I also use this software for live events and functions. The sound cannot be compromised in such events. Please help

Posted Fri 08 Nov 02 @ 3:39 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I don't know about all that. I've been using Atomix for years now, and I keep the time stretch enabled. I have never noticed a quality loss with this feature.

Posted Fri 08 Nov 02 @ 5:41 pm
thatcatHome userMember since 2002
HELLO I AM NEW TO ATOMIC AND I WOULD LIKE TO KNOW HOW TO CHANGE THE SKIN ON IT? BECAUSE WHEN I GO TO THE BUTTON WITH THE ? ON IT AND THEN GO TO CHANGE SKINS ALL I SEE IS DEFAULT***CAN SOMEONE HELP ME?

Posted Sat 09 Nov 02 @ 3:15 am
thatcatHome userMember since 2002
ALSO I JUST PURCHASED IT TODAY AND WHY DOES IT SAY DEMO AND I JUST PAID 59.95???

Posted Sat 09 Nov 02 @ 3:18 am
Congratulation with your purchase. Contact Customer Service to update your status. (but if you purchased it today, you might want to give them some time... It is a Friday after all)

Concerning your skin question, go to the add-ons section on this site. There you will find several skins ready for download. Unzip the file and extract its content to the skins-folder where you installed Atomixmp3. The zip-file should contain a xml-file and a bmp-file. Then go back to atomixmp3's option menu and try again.

Hope this is clear enough.

- Jim Nordic

Posted Sat 09 Nov 02 @ 4:15 am
DJ CocoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Please refresh (or modify) your profile adding your serial number in it.

Posted Tue 12 Nov 02 @ 5:59 pm
I have never noticed a sound issue with time stretch enabled. I do notice a difference when it is not enabled, and you bend the pitch downward. It has gives slight noise, like interference.

Posted Tue 19 Nov 02 @ 2:24 am
I notice the same thing and I have been using this program now since it's 2.0 release. I use it Live all the time and I have emailed technical support now 2 times about this issue with the only response being please share your serial number with us. No reply after that?? Where is the customer support here guys??? We paid good money for a program that cannot produce top notch results!!!

Posted Tue 19 Nov 02 @ 4:28 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)