Quick Sign In:  

Forum: General Discussion

Topic: Getting it to sound 100% right?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

anon1Home userMember since 2002
Hi,

I'm experimenting in setting up a computer system that will sound as good as a normal set of club CD decks over an average club sound system. I'm suprised to be having problems in getting a computer system to sound as good.
The current experimental system is ok but the CDs still have the edge :(

To being with I did away with MP3s and went for WAVs to eliminate the loss of quality there. It did help. Alot!

I have also tried a Delta 44 soundcard (supposedly good DACs)
which is a vast improvement on the original Soundblaster Live!
but still not quite as good as an average couple of club CD decks. Much to my suprise.

I have tried demos of Atompixmp3 and the Visiosonic PCDJ series. Much to my disappointment the Visiosonic programs sounded better - I say that as I prefer the Atomix features
it's looks and also it's cheaper for a final purchase.

Still the overall effect is a tad worse than some normal CD decks. Does anybody have any advice, especially regarding
a Delta 44 vs the Audigy range, any other soundcard or program combinations, or anything else for that matter.

Thanks for your help and good luck with your own systems.

Posted Thu 31 Oct 02 @ 1:47 am
I have heard great things about the Terratec DMX6 ... as that is a true "top-of-the-line" sound card.

I have never heard of anyone acutally ripping their tracks straight to WAV's !!!!!!!!!!!! Talk about perfectionism !!

Yeah, there's only so much you can do at this point, as you have tried everything imaginable.

Posted Thu 31 Oct 02 @ 3:19 am
nateHome userMember since 2001
You'll probably NEVER get the quality of a club system.. IE a CMX3000 and a DJM3000... not with a computer atleast. and there's no chance you'll ever get the real warth of vinyl and a good mixer...

Your best bet is a high quality audio card, .wav rips, and a high quality (a&h or rane) mixer, along with a multiband parametric EQ to balance it out.

-mer

Posted Thu 31 Oct 02 @ 10:39 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)