Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: rescan mp3's in search = waste of time - flaw

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I am new to this program.

Day 1.

I let the drive search run overnight last night to grab the bpm's of my songs. This morning, I halted it to do some other tasks. I just went to reinitiate the scan and I find that its rescanning everything on the drive rather than resuming with what's not in the database allready. This is annoying and wasteful. There should be an option to scan / analize only new files or files not in the database. Half of the drive was scanned over an eight hour period. Also, I'm wondering, since you left this feature out, does it recognize when files move or are deleted? That could lead to a big broken (or at least sluggish) database, right? All of my albums are in their own directories. I work mostly on weekends on my setup. If I add 20 albums in a weekend, I can forsee that working with this program will be annoying and time consuming. If I have to manually select the files in each album and scan them / wait for it to finish / move on to the next alubm / repeat, then it would seem that something is faulty in the design of the program.

An aside to this annoyance, It would be useful to be able to export (to symbol delimited text or excel) or print the database and have the option to sort by directory, filename or bpm when exporting.

Posted Wed 23 Oct 02 @ 8:22 pm
a related question: i restrained from scanning my hard disk again because i feared Atomix might overwrite my manual bpm entries... well, does it?

Posted Fri 22 Nov 02 @ 1:33 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
You can highlight just the files you want scanned, and only analyse those files.

Posted Fri 22 Nov 02 @ 4:02 pm
impressions if you have a lot of mp3's left to scan that could take some time!

Posted Fri 22 Nov 02 @ 11:30 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)