Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Anyone got his consoe back from Hercules

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I sended my console back to Hercules some weeks ago for "Reprogramming". This to fix the problem, everybody has with the console, the hyperactive jog wheels. Heard nothing from Hercules.
Does anybody has his/ hers console already back. If so what is the conclusion? What was the time it went out on hollyday to Hercules?
Having some gigs I'm not very happy to miss the console for months.....
Time to buy the pro controller, sending the DJ console to the trash can instead of on holiday to Hercules. This nice trip for the console costed €17,50. 1/10 of the costs of the complete console....
thanks in advance Ewout

ps. I also heard a rumour that Hercules will stop selling the console? Anyone knowing something?

Posted Tue 20 Jan 04 @ 12:36 am
SharanPRO InfinityMember since 2004
One could only understand Hercules that after such a marketing disaster they would do the only sensible thing: stop this before their image gets damaged even worse - prevent any further harm to it. But i sincerely do hope that this is not gonna happen. Of course right now this is all pure speculation.

After installing VDJ v1.08 yesterday i didnt experience any jog-wheel probs yet,ateast until now. This might be just a coincidence, because the hyperactivity of the wheels is absolutely unpredictable. For me it mostly began after long time use of the Console. Cant really imagine its fixed with the latest version, this remains to be seen....

Also wrote an e-mail to Hercules-Support to get a return authorization number. This was 2 days ago. Havent heard from them yet. Guess when the majority of the Console users got this problem their e-mail boxes must be stuffed to the max.

Posted Tue 20 Jan 04 @ 9:21 am
robmanPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Not got mine back yet. Would be nice to know why. My hope is that Hercules have acknowledged the quality problems and are making big changes to the product to fix them and their reputation.

Other than the minor quality issues (that have a major effect on the usage of the product) I think it is a great package. Just make the buttons and wheels work reliably and this is one fantastic tool with a great software bundle.

Posted Wed 21 Jan 04 @ 10:23 am
Hello,

I got my DjConsole back a few days ago. It took only 8 days to send my Console to them and get it back. After I received a my new Console I dont experience the JogWheel Problem anymore. (It only costed me 7€ to send it to them)

Posted Sat 24 Jan 04 @ 11:12 pm
Hi,

I really would like to know wich firmware you have after this fix.

can you check this for us ?

if you dubbleclick on the green alien, and then on the hercules logo you will find this info.

b

Posted Sun 25 Jan 04 @ 2:10 am
Dj Console 1.0.1.0 build 22

Firmware-Version: 32

Paketversion: C021

Posted Sun 25 Jan 04 @ 3:06 am
You got a brandnew console? Or was it your old one fixed?

Is there any hardware difference you noticed? Jog-wheels feel any different from before? Sliders, knobs more sensitive?

Obviously the firmware has been updated ...

Posted Mon 26 Jan 04 @ 9:07 am
Well I think its a brandnew one cause they told me so and they send me a 2nd cd, cable, manual and so on. It also smelled new :) The faders and wheels feel different as well as the pitch knobs. In my opinion the faders and knobs are also a bit different from one to the other side of the console. But they all work great (maybe even better than before cause now i can pitch 0.1 BPM all the time also at 33% pitch). The wheels use to scratch a bit now sometimes but that has no effect on the mixing. Anyone else with a returned Console noticing the scratching?

Posted Mon 26 Jan 04 @ 2:30 pm

Posted Mon 26 Jan 04 @ 4:41 pm
I did not notice this problem neither before nor after. (I did the fadertest from the topic above) But you are right sometimes there was and is something wrong with the Crossfader. Sometimes (rarest) you can hear the other channel when its turned to one end...

Posted Mon 26 Jan 04 @ 5:28 pm
It has been an absolute nightmare with Hercules. I sent it out on the 2nd of January and have not heard a peep out of them. Initially they said that they would email me when the console was ready to go out to confirm shipping address, then they went DARK on me. I now don't know when they will come through period. It is frustrating.

My problem was that I installed the Hercules Drivers onto my computer, but when I plugged it in, other than the joystick working, nothing else worked.

Posted Wed 28 Jan 04 @ 1:59 am
I sent mine back on the 20th of Jan. and yesterday (27th) got a mail from their customer support confirming they received the console and send me a replacement asap.
So i hope that i get it this week!

Posted Wed 28 Jan 04 @ 9:46 am
I nkow it was probably posted already. Can someone give me the site where it shows how to report the issue and send it back. I am having multiple problems now.

Thanks

Posted Thu 29 Jan 04 @ 12:14 am
www.hercules.com

:D

Seriously, go there and register for support. Once you are registered, you can write them an e-mail and report your problems with the Console. I would recommend to do that in a very clear and detailed way. Maybe also include what firmware you got - at least i did that.
2 days after sending that e-mail to Hercules they wrote back to me and supplied a return-number for the Console. How to proceed with sending the Console back is explained in detail in the e-mail you will get then.

Posted Thu 29 Jan 04 @ 12:24 am
twe69Home userMember since 2004
monday next week will mean that mine has been gone for 2 weeks to hercules, the problem started 1 day of purchase in december - christmas time, so i waited a little before sending it... Anyway wrote an email to them with the cost of the postage cos i told the support guy that its a bit thick that the product becomes faulty within 1 day of buying it and is obviously a manufacturing fault - so he said that they will pay postage for me.... anyway sent that, got a reply saying that they have recieved the console and that they will send one out soon.... so will see....

also its probably best to talk to a support guy than to email them...

Posted Sat 31 Jan 04 @ 6:52 pm
Finally got my Console back today!
First mixing attempts seem very promising, havent had any known problems yet

Version 1.0.7.0 build 27
Firmware 32.1 C030

The jog-wheels are "heavier" and the handling of the pitch sliders feels much more precisely as before!

Posted Wed 04 Feb 04 @ 4:36 pm
I just got mine back from Hercules. It took them about one month to get it back to me. I'll try it tonight at home and let all of you know. My console was different, in that once I plugged it in after installing drivers, other than the joystick nothing worked.

Posted Tue 10 Feb 04 @ 2:08 am
I've send my console to Hercules Belgium (BENELUX) and it returned in approx two weeks with a neat t-shirt.

I recieved a new console with new cd and cables.
Also including VDJ 1.08.

After extensive testing all the serious bugs I had were gone.

Posted Tue 24 Feb 04 @ 3:22 pm
ThijmoHome userMember since 2004
Same thing : Send it to Guillemot Belgium on a Monday, got a mail confirming reception on Wednesday morning and one on Wed. afternoon, that they send me a replacement.
Received that on Saturday. Got a brand new Console.
No problems with the jog-wheel anymore.
Got no T-shirt I'm afraid ;-)

Posted Fri 26 Nov 04 @ 1:16 pm
what bulk version do you all have? anyone have version 3?

Posted Sat 27 Nov 04 @ 9:39 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)