Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Music discussion

Topic: AArrggghhh!!! Experienced dj's: how do you do it? - Page: 2

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Tranzforma, I mix in club since 1978 and you say I’m not a DJ because I use atomixmp3 ? OK! Then nobody is a DJ…

LOL, Get out and look around, nobody wants to live in pass (maybe only you ?)…

Coyote

Posted Thu 25 Dec 03 @ 3:25 pm
hmmm.. must be a really cheezy club...[just joking]
I have done a few special events using atomix.Knowing how simple atomix is i will never evaluate a dj on their performance when using atomix and i sure hope that an atomix dj will never really compare him/herself to a real dj in terms of skill.
Out of interest,what style of music do u play?Maybe atomix is suitable for some dj's[professional] and not others.

Posted Thu 25 Dec 03 @ 7:02 pm
AA Dj who insulting other dj is not a dj, just a fool and looser.

Dj not only what the equipment they have and use, Dj is a person who play song for listener.

Posted Sat 27 Dec 03 @ 9:54 am
Atomix is dj player, CDJ and turntable are dj player too... Why you can say that using atomix is not a dj ?

Posted Sat 27 Dec 03 @ 9:57 am
Quite easily actually..I don't just say things without thinking[I'd be an idiot if i did].

You call atomix a ''dj player'' or something,I call IT a dj replacement[not a very good one at that].The problem with atomix is its simplicity.Anyone can dj with it-it does everything for u[things that would require practice such as pitch and beat matching.Djing is an art-there is no art in pressing a few buttons on you keyboard.

As i said earlier-you WILL get more satisfaction out of using proper equipment[especially turntables]-oh.and by the way turntables are not dated[despite what coyote dj says]-maybe he can't handle real equipment 'coz he's wack or something.

If u havn't got turntables yet you're outdated-Rather buy expensive ones like the technics sl1210mk5g or vestax pdx2300.These are the ultimate and will set u back about 800-900 pounds a pair.check out www.mixers.co.uk...I personally have vestax pdx-d3mkII turntables and really love 'em.If u wanna be a dj get proper equipment.[you won't be sorry!!!]

Besides mp3 sucks-To the trained ear- mp3 sounds very flat even at 192kb/s.
-original cds have unequaled clarity and vinyl has super punchy bass[perfect for really rocking the joint].

By the way if you wanna make it big you may think of entering a ''battle of the dj's'' event.[dj's are only aloud turntables and cd players-so don't pitch up with your computer[you'll be the laughing stock of the night].

Don't be a dj to look cool or to attract lots of honeys-I dj for the love of music and for the respect of the art-lots of honeys and looking hip are like the spoils of war really.

Remember this:YOU DON'T HAVE TO BE A PROFFESIONAL TO BE PROFFESIONAL BUT YOU HAVE TO BE PROFFESIONAL IF YOU WANT TO BECOME A PROFFESIONAL.

P.S.-Coyote dj -I'm 18yrs old-when i say ''turntable'' i don't mean those dusty things from 1978 sitting in you garage...

Posted Sun 28 Dec 03 @ 9:01 pm
LOL
...in the early 70's Technics released the original SL-1200... (before you come in this world...)

There at that time were not an other thing for mixing...

Respect

Coyote

Posted Sun 28 Dec 03 @ 9:50 pm
Point taken and don't get me wrong-i respect all that dj even if i'm a bit harsh at times.Going on what i've read-the 1970 period was more a period of formating[talking over a mic between songs]instead of mixing.Beatmixing has only been around for about +/- 20 years[a guese].In itself it is an art
and will be forever.

I respect that you've been djing for so long but i'm sure you can see my point of with regards to atomix..

Case closed..Speak to u later Coyote Dj...

Posted Mon 29 Dec 03 @ 8:28 am
I enjoyed the way i mixed 2 days ago.I was great :P
Everybody try this:
Camron&Juelz Santana - Hey ma
Blu Cantrell - Hit'em up style
Sarah Connor - He's unbelievable
2pac - California love
Nelly feat P.Diddy & Murphy Lee - Shake ya tailfeather
R.Kelly - Thoia Thoing
Busta Rhymes - Make it clap

Posted Thu 08 Jan 04 @ 8:15 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)