Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Virtual DJ had as LONNNNNNNGGGG WAy to go its way to faulty!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

BluntyHome userMember since 2004
No way in on earth is this full of flaws program worth $140. This program freezes if you sneeze and accidentally touch the mouse while mixing. This program is ok at best far from being good and lord knows no where close to being great. If you watch basketball, this program is like a little league team. I'm looking for an NBA program or even a D1 college team. I used this program a few times in clubs and yup, to no surprise it froze. Oh man, if I wanted to buy a freezer I would have gone to my local home electronics store (thank good it was the trial or I would have been more pissed) This program shows a lot of potential but potential alone just does cut it. I'll stick to Dj from records and hopefully one day I will be able to do the same with my mp3s. Good luck to all you other digital djs out there.

Posted Sun 11 Jan 04 @ 5:23 am
Maybe its your computer thats the problem. Theres plenty people here who would disagree with your comments.

Posted Sun 11 Jan 04 @ 6:10 am
kaleoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
@ Blunty

Tell me:
Are you looking for an NBA program running on a little basketball league team computer???
Of course you can't win :)

VirtualDJ IS this NBA program you're looking for. Maybe you should think about an hardware update.

PS: No freeze, no problem, just good sound with my virtualDJ.

Posted Sun 11 Jan 04 @ 11:26 am
If your using the demo in a club isnt there the popup every 15 mins?

Posted Sun 11 Jan 04 @ 1:19 pm
BluntyHome userMember since 2004
AHAHAHAAHAHAH!

I'm sorry to disappoint you guys but my computer is not outdated. It is less than 2 months old, P IV 3.0ghz with over 1ghz of DDR memory (Trust me, its not the computer). And with the demo there are no pop ups every 15minutes, thats only with Atomixmp3, the pop up only occur when exiting the program. I've used 1.06 and now 1.07 and the same problems happen, not matter what computer I use it on. I guess I need to buy it first right? But why should I buy it when the demo doesn't promote enthusiasm?

Posted Sun 11 Jan 04 @ 6:31 pm
have you read about hyper threading?

search the forum see if that helps you

Posted Sun 11 Jan 04 @ 8:03 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
you apparently have something wrong. I use much less laptop, only a p-4 1.2 ghz. It runs flawlessly for me 3-5 nights every single week ever since version 1.00
I wouldn't just give up... Figure out what's wrong. If you bail out on it, really, it's your loss.

Posted Sun 11 Jan 04 @ 8:51 pm
kaleoPRO InfinityMember since 2003
"1ghz of DDR memory" ... interesting, interesting.
Neverstheless, DJ Walkers is right, did you try something to solve hyper threading issue???

Posted Sun 11 Jan 04 @ 9:35 pm
update to 1.08 if you dont want problems

Posted Mon 12 Jan 04 @ 10:53 pm
@Teamers & respondents

Why do you entertain this sort of thing by replying to the original post ? (I am replying to the subsequent posts)

Yes, everyone is free to express their experiences and opinions, but I don't think it's reasonable to respond to unreasonable posts.

The original post is unreasonable in my opinion. It is obvious that such xtreeme deficiencies would be mentioned frequently all over these forums and are not. So, common sense would tell me to have a look at my personal setup before bashing a program.

Windows itself will not behave on faulty hardware. Lets keep our discussions at a quality level which is what vDJ deserves.

Posted Tue 13 Jan 04 @ 9:40 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)