Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Wishes and new features

Topic: show: playlist total time

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

keyonPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I would still like to see the total time of the songs in the playlist. It's a common feature in many professional dj programs (including free players like winamp), usually displaying it at the bottom of the playlist.

Posted Tue 06 Jan 04 @ 1:49 am
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
Would be tough because its just sitting in the playlist not actually loading and scanning all tracks. But I am sure its something the development team could look into.

Posted Tue 06 Jan 04 @ 10:35 am
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I've seen this in other softwares. Never understood the reason for it. If it can be done easily, great, but I wouldn't think it'd be worth a whole lot of effort...

Posted Tue 06 Jan 04 @ 2:51 pm
As a mobile dj, sometimes I pick out music ahead of time for set time intervals to play on automix: 1 hr. for dinner music, etc. While I get by on Vdj estimating the amount of songs, technology should just do this for me automatically. Sometimes I pick out too much. A few times I've had to save my playlist as a .m3u file, then reopen it in winamp to get a total time reading of the list.

I once had an event that required 3 hours of background music; using BPM Pro, I picked out songs the night before, put them in the playlist until the program told me I had a full 3 hours in my list. I can't do this in vdj.

DJ Rick, you may not find this feature useful but obviously many major dj software players do, enough so that there is a pattern: many of them have this as a feature.

Posted Tue 06 Jan 04 @ 6:24 pm
oh yeah, thank you dj homeboy.

Posted Tue 06 Jan 04 @ 8:37 pm
would take up mor resources?
surly they would need some sort of scan?

Posted Wed 07 Jan 04 @ 1:03 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)