Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Play/Pause button on hercules dj console

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

krionoHome userMember since 2003
when i use the play button of the dj console on the second deck while playing the first one, it often enables the beatlock on the two decks. Sometimes it even pauses the first song! Can anyone tell me how i can fix this problem?

Also can anyone tell me how i can configure all the analog commands such as crossfader, treble medium and bass frequencies with other programs than the "dj console version of virtual dj"?

Posted Sat 03 Jan 04 @ 12:30 am
doubtful anyone can help you with the other softwares

Posted Sat 03 Jan 04 @ 1:39 am
krionoHome userMember since 2003
ok but i'm guessing that the crossfader and the treble, medium, bass volume do not only work with the dj console version of virtual dj? how do you make it work with normal version of virtual dj?

Posted Sat 03 Jan 04 @ 7:20 pm
i personally dont know so you will have to wait for another response

Posted Sat 03 Jan 04 @ 8:58 pm
djlarsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Think/try or reverse...

"when i use the play button of the dj console on the second deck while playing the first one, it often enables the beatlock on the two decks. Sometimes it even pauses the first song! "

-> This can be tricky to locate, as you know usb IS serial bus, and functions through it has to be adressed in the stream.. Otherwise it could just be a bad controller, as many has reported before in this forum, erratic behaviour could also be from a "clogged" system, low on resources, usb latency or adressing issues if you use more functions at once on the console. I guess the XP10 is A LITTLE more rugged controller if you expect everything to be perfect in use..
The Hercules is not a toy, but it's not professional either...
Use it to it's limits!

Guess if you want no latency keypress, and rigid,roadworthy equipment you have to go for an xp10 or dac1/dmc2 controllers.

Take Alcatech's RCP controllers, they sell scratched, demoused and doa factory refurbished controllers for €499-€999, guess you can get the Hercules anywhere now, new in box w/software for around €200...

It's €249 for the SMALLEST available software package for these BpmStudio controllers, and the controllers can ofcourse not be used with any other software than Alcatech's.

As advertised, Alcatech will though possibly support the Hercules console in the 5.0 version of the BPMStudio software!

This got to be a long post, but you'll have to try the Hercules console on different systems to verify it's a mechanical failure, not software/system glitches.
Remember you're still on "ver 1.0" of the driver package!
Hercules has sold quite a few of these consoles now, and are probably reviewing issues from "beta testers" now to fix these in the next release.

I've had the console for a few weeks now, played with it, and happily hsn't had any mechanical problems with the unit.
--------------------------------------------------------

"ok but i'm guessing that the crossfader and the treble, medium, bass volume do not only work with the dj console version of virtual dj? how do you make it work with normal version of virtual dj?"

-> All rotary and fader controls works fine with the normal version of Vdj 1.08 (havent tested 1.07)
Hercules keymapper kan be used to control KEY functions in all other software (office applications if you like..)
OTSJuke, BPMStudio, PCDJ, Traktor, AtomixMP3 and VDJ all have keyboard functions you can map to console buttons.
BUT for rotary, fx/loop/cue change, stick and fader controls you'll need a program specifically communicating with the Hercules driver's api, so that the program can communicate with these controls and functions...

But unlike most all other controls, it HAS the keymapper feature, so the software hasn't have to be specifically written to support it, to perform basic functions.

If I'd make my living from dj'ing, I hadn't considered this console at all, ONE look had been enough!

Easy as that ;o)

/Lars

Posted Mon 05 Jan 04 @ 2:04 am
can anyone tell me where I can find the console mapper manuals please so i can use my regular software

Posted Wed 12 May 04 @ 10:29 pm
the BPM PRO 4.1.9 do support the hercules and to me in all the software BPM studio use the hercules the best also VDJ I have been using the hercules in a club for two weeks now the sound card is very very good the only thing the jog wheel is too sensertive to get the best out of the hercules is to use it with a power USB hub if hercules had make this controller rack mount and LCD display,but I haerd they are coming out with a one next year a PRO one let's see what happen.

Posted Thu 13 May 04 @ 5:01 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)