Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: How do I plug in Hercules DJ console to my speakers?

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

I have regular PC speakers and would like to know how I can plug in the DJ Console to my PC Speakers? What do I need to buy?

Posted Fri 26 Dec 03 @ 11:16 pm
jpearnHome userMember since 2003
Hi,

Is this a software problem ?? No. So it's a hardware problem, which is not 'really' related to this forum.

Please read the instructions provided with your console to give you the answer. Look for key words, like AMP, RED and WHITE or PHONO

Jason (the un-registered hippy).

Posted Sat 27 Dec 03 @ 12:29 am
Hi,

Do your normal pc speakers have a headphone style jack?
I think you could plug them into the small headphone sized socket at the back marked "1-2"
To connect using the rca/phono jacks you need to attach phono leads to an amp and speakers or into an "aux" input on a hi-fi. The cable youd need for that is a phono cable.

Hope that helps

Posted Sat 27 Dec 03 @ 3:57 pm
I have 2 soundcards already on my computer. The problem is specifically is that I plugged in my hercules via usb, installed the drivers, and I was successful. But how do I configure virtual dj at this point? When I put my primary soundcard as the one I have always used (and where my PC speakers are plugged in) and Hercules DJ console as my secondary soundcard, on the picture configuration I selected two soundcards on the left column, and on the right hand column I selected the headphone/speaker combination. I then plugged my headphones into the hercules, and thought that I should be up and running. Well, on the dj console the mouse system works, but none of the other controls like the miser or the jog wheel work. Also, I don't get any sound at all coming out of my PC speakers or the headphones. Any help would be appreciated.

Posted Sat 27 Dec 03 @ 6:11 pm
djlarsPRO InfinityMember since 2003
So you have two internal soundcards + the Hercules console, and ONE set of pc speakers?
Wadda you trying to do!???
Split stereo playback, or one of the sound devices as a locked headphone cue/pfl??

As you see in VDJ you CANNOT select two soundcards + ONE set of speakers.. "Why" is self explaining.
For more than 2 cards, I know you can route samples, monitor, playerA or playerB to different cards/separate channels in BPMStudio..
If you sell out for the pro version at least.

Guess if you choose 2 card/speaker+headphone in VDJ you can pfl constantly on soundcard 2...

I'm still wondering what you try to do ;o)

/L

Posted Mon 05 Jan 04 @ 2:24 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)