Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Preview Digital/Analog

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hi there,

I asked this question in the german forum but nobody knew an answer, so I'm just gonna ask here again if you don't mind:

I got a SB Live 5.1 with the up to date drivers. I got it connected to my Dolby Digital HiFi-system. The settings are 4 speakers in AudioHQ. Now: when I activate "Digital Output only" I hear the sound over my Hifi, unchecking this option makes it come out of my headphones.

Is there a possibility to have it come out of both the HiFi AND the headphones (other than getting analog speakers)?

thx

-craig-

Posted Sat 31 Aug 02 @ 3:27 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
Not sure but it could be because you are using the trial version. Just a thought.

.:DJ Homeboy:.

Posted Sat 31 Aug 02 @ 3:58 pm
i have the trial, yes, but i borrowed the original from a friend to see if it works for me, but i got the problem mentioned above.

now i'm thinking about buying it, but if that problem can't be solved i probably won't ;)

Posted Sat 31 Aug 02 @ 4:01 pm
DJ JimHome userMember since 2003
When you set your card for Digital Output, you will get no sound from analog speakers. I have a set of digital speakers that I can't use, because I don't like switching back and forth
every time I go DJ a gig. If your going to use Digital sound. Try using two channels for speakers, and two for monitoring.

DJ_JIM

Posted Sun 01 Sep 02 @ 3:15 am
what about digital headphones? can u actually buy those? cause that might be a solution to my problem...anybody got an idea?

-craig-

Posted Sun 08 Sep 02 @ 1:06 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)