Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Not full function and bleed on new motherboard w/soundcard

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

docPRO InfinityMember since 2020
My new motherboard which is a Asus #A7S333 has a built in sound card which is a C-Media Audio Chip and HRTF 3D Audio circuitry. I tried setting it for the 4 speaker mode and the 5 speaker mode. I have the Atomix set up for a 3D sound card and external mixer. I get bleed thru on both channels of my soundcard, however slight, but it is noticable while dj'ing. The built in sound card sounded clear and fine otherwise. I also noticed that Atomix automatically puts the X in the Hardware box which eliminates my atogain, sound effects, looping, builtin Eq's, etc. Any ideas to help me eliminate this problem? I will be adding a soundblaster live card anyway but I would like to be able to use the builtin as an extra or even a backup sound.

Thanks.

Posted Sat 13 Jul 02 @ 3:18 pm
Yes, 2.1 version. It runs in soft mode. It won't let me have full hardware function.

Posted Tue 16 Jul 02 @ 4:24 am
box is checked and i cannot uncheck it. i tried everything is my sound card. it is supposed to be ok or a decent one.

Posted Tue 16 Jul 02 @ 4:56 pm
aknit44Home userMember since 2002
What is your DirectX Sound Acceleration setting? I experienced minor sound bleeding after temporarily setting this to the most minimal level.

Also, if set to low, it renders your driver as emulated, meaning you may not be able to get 3D support and other functionality.

When you get another sound card, I've discovered that your sound gets better, because setting up a sound card for 3D performance means you have 4 speakers, two front and two rear, with the headphones going in the rear. This cuts alot of the raw sound heading for the amp.

When you get another sound card, choose the one that's got the best driver, and delivers quality sound, and put the headphones in the other one. You'll see a drastic improvement in the sound.

Posted Mon 29 Jul 02 @ 7:14 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)