Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: SB Live! Help ........ PLEASE !!

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

Hey guys ......

I just purchased an SB Live! card, which works great, with all the latest updated drivers from Creative Labs, installed. But i am having a problem:

I have atomix hooked up to my Numark mixer with the main or "Front" output going into the 1st channel input on my mixer ... and the "Rear" output going into my 2nd channel. But both channels do NOT produce the same quality. The rear channel sounds less clear and cuts off the highs a bit. Anyone have similar experiences ?! Could it be that the output from the rear channel is in mono ? Any help would be appreciated !

Thanks Guys !!!!

Posted Tue 02 Jul 02 @ 12:58 am
And I have checked .... it is not any of my hardware at fault here .... I am just wondering if both outputs (front and rear) are supposed to be of same quality ..... any info guys ?

Posted Tue 02 Jul 02 @ 6:05 am
GrimmPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Nope. Thier not same quality, or even same hardware codecs for that matter. But I'm surprised your getting worse quality from the rears. The DAC for the rears is better quality then the fronts, and generally produce a much better sound. The drivers your using could be at fault, especially since it is Creative. Thier drivers support is next to none. Hell, my SB Live!'s most up to date drivers is the same one that came on the CD, which is over 2 years old. :/

Sould have saved your money for a Turtle Beach Santa Cruz or even better, a Terratec 6Fire DMX.

Grimm

Posted Tue 02 Jul 02 @ 10:51 am
thx grimm ....... but where can i get better drivers ? I am using the latest XP drivers from the Creative ? What Can be better than that ?

Posted Tue 02 Jul 02 @ 5:43 pm
GrimmPRO InfinityMember since 2003
A different sound card. :P

Seriously though, from what I've read, the latest WDM drivers from Creative actually seem to lower the quality of the sound. I experienced that myself when I tried the WDM drivers. The sound was abit soft, and sounded flat, almost muffled. It wasn't as lively or crisp as it was with the VXD drivers. But if you have WinXP, your only choice is WDM drivers. You can't really fix the problem (unless you get a better sound card ;).

Posted Wed 03 Jul 02 @ 12:21 pm
ikkeHome userMember since 2003
You could write your own frivers off course LOL ;)

Posted Wed 03 Jul 02 @ 1:36 pm
ikkeHome userMember since 2003
Sorry, should be drivers. I didn't sleep last night ;)

Posted Wed 03 Jul 02 @ 2:15 pm
stuxxxPRO InfinityMember since 2003
If you still have your old sound card why not put it back in and run the two.. i was using both a audigy and SB live together for quite a while, the sound quality was fine..

Its a thought anyway...

PS i also experienced the same problem with the sblive card which is why i bought the audigy

Posted Sun 07 Jul 02 @ 10:02 pm
aknit44Home userMember since 2002
Actually, the reason the rear channel sounds low, is because, naturally, it is. Rear channels are naturally underpowered, as compared to the front channels.

You may adjust the mixer settings in the driver, to send more or less power to either of the channels, although this may create a sound quality issue for your main front channel.

Good luck.

Posted Tue 16 Jul 02 @ 10:05 am
Hi Trip!

A great news for you: there are the new Creative drivers which active the rear channel.

http://www.clubic.com/d/drivers/28.html

NB: the file weight 377 mg!!!!!! Creative don't like his users and like the difficulties indeed... 56k (33k too), go straight on and ask at your neightbour or at your dealer! :(

Posted Tue 16 Jul 02 @ 1:49 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)