Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Why can't I start atomix 2.1 on laptop without internet

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

So, why doesn't my atomix start after installing on my laptop???

it asks for internet connection but I don't have one on my lap.... ???? I fucking hate this !!

worked fine on my desktop when internet connection was on , but I want it on my laptop !

Posted Mon 20 May 02 @ 8:22 pm
OyyoDamsPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
Try to remove the automatic internet connection in Internet Explorer

Posted Mon 20 May 02 @ 8:33 pm
guess that ain't the problem...

I removed all my internet connection out of winXP on the lapop 'cause I ain't got a network card in it anymore...

but it just won't load... then... it stops loading after splashscreen...

Posted Mon 20 May 02 @ 8:37 pm
I have the same problem - it first started by loading 30 seconds after the splash screen but now only the splash screen loads and the program doesnt - weird?!

Posted Tue 21 May 02 @ 1:34 am
OyyoDamsPRO InfinityHonorary memberMember since 2003
Please describe us your problem at support@atomixmp3.com

Posted Tue 21 May 02 @ 8:13 am
Hey there,
I've got the same problem, but not on my laptop but on my normal desktopcomp.
Worked perfectly but now the only thing i'll see is the intro-picture and than nothing !!!
Damn... was practising very hard...but can't go any further now...

HELP HELP HELP

a Dutch DJ

Posted Tue 21 May 02 @ 3:42 pm
MikeyHome userMember since 2001
i agree with homeboy; i've never ever had this problem

Posted Wed 22 May 02 @ 5:13 am
alholioHome userMember since 2001
I have the 30 second delay on my laptop EVERY time I load Atomix without an internet connection. Most of the time it takes three or four attempts to load Atomix because it hangs as described above. Sometimes it hangs before it even gets to the splash screen. I reboot in between attempts to ensure a stable platform.

I do the occasional gig at clubs (vinyl/CD/Atomix) and if (when) I have to reboot several times, it looks very unprofessional and starts the set on a bad note (no pun intended!)

I remove everything from task manager after every reboot that isn't needed before attempting to load Atomix

My laptop is 800MHz, 384MB RAM, 30GB HDD with a few G spare

Could the internet check perhaps be changed so it is *essential* to connect to the web every month or so to check the serial number, but this check is at the users request. If the user does not request the check then Atomix will stop functioning...

Posted Wed 22 May 02 @ 7:00 am
I have this problem at my desktop pc. Its works well 2 days ago, but now the problem is the same. In the task manager i can see atomix, but i can see only tha atomix's startup logo. I tried to reinstall it but it not helps. Anybody has an idea to solve this problem?
Regards
UnDeAd

Posted Wed 22 May 02 @ 3:52 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
E MAIL service@atomixmp3.com

DJ Homeboy

Posted Thu 23 May 02 @ 12:02 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)