Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Recording problems with atomix 2.1

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

while im recording a set it records the song i have playing in queue on top of the one playing totaly messing up my session. The crossfader mixer is on deck 1 but it alos records what is playing on deck 2 as it is played.

Im using an External Gemini Mixer with 2 sound cards.
I have tried recording it through total recorder but that one can only record from one sound card.
thanks for any help

Posted Tue 14 May 02 @ 10:36 pm
If you're using another program to record, you should probably avoid the external-mixer option in the sound configuration: using one of the soundcards for outpuand the other one for monitoring should do nicely...

Using the "2 soundcards - external mixer"-setup mean that each soundcard will always output one deck each at full volume, no mixing what so ever is made in the computer so recording the wave-output from the two soundcards WILL result in two decks on full volume at all the time, that's how it's meant to work when using an external mixer.......

One way to use the "2 soundcards - external mixer"-configuration and still record from just one source would be to have both soundcards send their output to the mixer just as usual and then send the mixers output to the line/mic-in of one of the soundcards and make sure you JUST record that line-in audio and that the line-in audio returned from the mixer does NOT mix in with the soundcards output.. it should only be recorded, not heard. (with a normal soundblaster-card this is possible, not sure about other cards)

The best thing would probably be

Posted Wed 15 May 02 @ 9:19 am
..hmm.. lost the end there somehow....

The best thing would probably be to use the "2 soundcards - speaker/headphones"-setup when recording with the PC or record to MiniDisc or something like that if you really want to use the external mixer

Posted Wed 15 May 02 @ 9:31 am
I have been using an external mixer with 2 soundcards and recording with a separate program for about a year. It works great for me. I just run an rca from my mixer's record out to my soundblaster pci 128. I use wavrec as my recording program.

Posted Tue 21 May 02 @ 7:11 am
I meant if the anon' tried to record without using that line from the mixer back to the PC and just recorded the output of each soundcard :o)

Posted Tue 21 May 02 @ 10:52 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)