Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: Need a little help here...Screen freezes

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

1.Having a bit of trouble with atomix. After playing 3 hours of music suddenly my screen freezes. Lucky the music continues to play but I can't do anything else then "Ctrl-Alt-Del". then I see that my explorer does not react. This happens every time I use the program.
2.Before I start using Atomix I close every program manually except the explorer. Is there a program that can speed up this closing because it takes a long time to close everything manually. I use a Pentium II 350/128Mram.
3. if I select a mp3 from the playlist and drag it to a player, listen to it in my headphone, decide NOT to play it for the moment, how do I drag it back to my playlist?

lot of questions I know but I like atomix and want it to run at the max!!!!

Posted Sat 11 May 02 @ 8:13 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
To answer your first question is difficult because as it stands now there is no fix for the "scroll bug" that is what is happening when your music keeps playing and everything freezes. You are 1 of the very few unlucky people to experience this unfortunately I am 1 too. During the beta testing I reported this problem many times and began running tests with the help of S.clavel. Together we determined that the cause of this was due to the large playlist in the second window. It is a windows error that causes it to happen so it is very hard to compensate for. My suggestion, do not load such a large playlist. Also I have noticed the more aggresively you scroll the less it happens. And for your other question I don't believe there is anyway to put the song back in the list once you have dropped it into the player :(

DJ Homeboy

Posted Sat 11 May 02 @ 8:28 pm
Thanks Homeboy I will devide my playlists into smaller sections and trie to scroll very very tenderly...LOL ;)

Posted Sat 11 May 02 @ 9:02 pm
...trie .... as in try... sorry

Posted Sat 11 May 02 @ 10:47 pm
No Problem.

DJ Homeboy

Posted Sun 12 May 02 @ 1:15 am
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I'd be curious about the details like what you were doing exactly when the screen froze.... was there any error message, and what skin were you using?

Posted Sun 12 May 02 @ 3:51 pm
I was using Darkfun plus and there was no error message. I was dragging a song from the playlist to the left player. Maybe 350Mhz with 128 K is slow?? But then again why does it work for 3 hours without any problems..
Freaksound

Posted Mon 13 May 02 @ 5:35 pm
I have 5000 toons loaded and suffer freezes as above.Is fewer toons and reduction of functionality the official solution or are Atomix going to fix this bug?

Posted Mon 13 May 02 @ 5:35 pm
From what I learned in the testing with Sclavel (the author) the error actually stems from windows. It is a video engine error I believe. I have just been avoiding large playlists. Once you get to know your music you don't really need a playlist.

DJ Homeboy

Posted Mon 13 May 02 @ 8:09 pm
CHarmanPRO InfinityMember since 2003
I did my first paid gig with AtomixMP3 the other night. The condition you are reporting happened to me twice that night. I did have CD back-up through a mixer so music never stopped. Could have been agressive mousing you were talking about or large song data base ... one folder has all my oldies library some 1900 titles others are smaller....not sure which one I was in at time of freeze-up but, will seperate titles more. If it will help I am going to try to remember the one error I got. (the other freeze produced no error) I think it was an error in: dibeng.dll ..... or something close to that.
Hope it helps some. Did not have a pen at the time to write the error down...and was more interested in making sure I had another tune ready to go too. Would like to see team go to work on this problem as I think it will only cause bad carma for atomix if it goes too far and someone gets thrown out of a gig ....because of it.
Also: here are specs. of my machine:
AMD 750mhz
384 megs ram
g-force 256 video board
2 drives (1) 20gig (2) 30gig partitioned to 15megs each
all programs were shut down in tray (but did not go to task manager to shut down anyothers) did not think I would need to with amount of ram present, will next time.
any other info needed let me know.

Posted Tue 14 May 02 @ 5:11 am
CHarmanPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Also in addition to my last post.......atomix froze but did not need to reboot.....waited till got CD song on and shut down Atomix in Task Manager and restarted it.

Posted Tue 14 May 02 @ 5:14 am
CoopHome userMember since 2003
I also was doing my first gig using atomix, I thought I would try it as opposed to the other "RED" one I have always used. I like several things about it but it did freeze up on me one time and I did not have my back up cd player hooked up at the time. However all I did was talk to the crowd while I simply shut down the program and restarted it and everything was fine. I will have to admit I thought I was in for a long night.

One more thing, I am having difficulty with the way my library lists the author. Sometimes it shows the artist and sometimes it doesn,t. I have looked and all of my 6,000 song tags show this info but for one reason or another it is not showing up in atomix like it does in the "RED" one. Any help is welcome.

Posted Tue 14 Jan 03 @ 8:11 pm
DJ RickPRO InfinityMember since 2003
So, you are using Demo software to play in a crowd? Probably getting paid for it as well... Didn't the timer pop up and give you problems??
Atomix doesn't use ID3Tags... the songs have to be named properly..

artist - Title with the - being the seperator. If your songs are named in this manner, they will show up with the artist name in the artist collumn, and the song title in the title collumn.

Posted Tue 14 Jan 03 @ 8:40 pm
CoopHome userMember since 2003
I actually have the full version, and yes I am getting paid for it, thanks for the info surprizingly enough I just figured it out. The computer I am online with is in a different building than my laptop that is why I didnt put in my code number, I guess that is why it put me in as a demo. Thanks again

Posted Tue 14 Jan 03 @ 9:27 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)