Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: i'm planning to buy Equipments... i got some Questions

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

mabalaHome userMember since 2002
hie us . this is the third time i post , please help me . i'm planning to buy Equipment this week , i would really appreciate your help .

- I currently use audiowerk8 (emagic) sound card, and it seems there is a large latency between the waveform dsiplay and the sound played (which also gives trouble with the mixing) - I checked the settings panel, and it says the latency is only about a few milisecs. whats the deal here?
(when I switch to a SB16 card, everthing works fine)

- What soundcards do you advise to buy, so that I have a high SNR, proper sound, and some money left? (I'm planning on using an external USB card)

Thanks alot !!

Mabala

Posted Sat 11 May 02 @ 12:54 pm
Please remember that atomixmp3 isn't meant to be used with expensive equipment (it's a cheap program), so you can't expect it to work well on professional audio interfaces which use different standards (ASIO etc).

These professional equipment doesn't have the Microsoft Standards optimized (which atomixmp3 uses).

One may ask that now when Soundblaster Audigy supports ASIO, why doesn't atomixmp3? Maybe it's not needed really, but would be good idea to have program like this work on the PRO-audio equipment, not just these $30 stuff.

Posted Sat 11 May 02 @ 2:10 pm
HomeboyPRO InfinitySupport ManagerMember since 2003
I believe "anon" is wrong when he/she says that Atomix is not meant to be used with professional equipment. I am not saying that I use the best equipment in the world but, I have plugged my laptop into some pretty sweet sound systems and I was even amazed at how well Atomix performed. "Anon" do us a favour and log in, also if you have experienced problems with your sound maybe its the person running the show. I have to admit the audio in Atomix could be improved but, with the latest release of 2.1 I can't complain.

DJ Homeboy

Posted Sat 11 May 02 @ 8:21 pm
The problem is that many people compare atomix's sound quality to CD's.

Its NOT atomix's problem !!!!!!

First of all ... MP3 is a LOSSY compression standard, meaning that quality is slightly reduced as size is. And using poorly encoded MP3's (especially downloaded ones) with low bitrates is what gives it that "unprofessional" sound.

Play the same MP3 on Atomix 2.1 and any other DJ program - you won't notice a difference !!!

Posted Sun 12 May 02 @ 1:46 am
yes that's right. I've compered it with BPM-Studio Prof. (i have bought it) and Mixvibes 4 (Demo) and there is no
difference in the sound quality with the same mp3-track.

greetz,
Janosch

Posted Sun 12 May 02 @ 4:04 am
is the "emagic EMI 2/6" usb soundcard work well with atomixmp3?

Posted Sun 12 May 02 @ 2:37 pm
(nt = no text)

Posted Sun 12 May 02 @ 2:38 pm
EMI 2/6 will work but only for one set of outputs due to Atomix driver limitations. You will still need another sound card for other channels.

Mike

Posted Tue 14 May 02 @ 3:51 am

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)