Quick Sign In:  

Forum: Old versions

Topic: To anybody who uses the ext. Extigy Soundcard

This topic is old and might contain outdated or incorrect information.

You're thoughts on this soundcard in 3d mode (either with or without an ext. mixer)? (Not as a second soundcard)

- Jim

Posted Mon 29 Apr 02 @ 8:22 pm
stuxxxPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Jim

I am using the extigy as a second soundcard on my desktop but have tried in 3d mode as a stand alone unit and it worked fine...

I am using w2k as an o/s on both....

Hope this helps

Stu

Posted Tue 30 Apr 02 @ 12:56 am
Great!!! I appreciate your respons... Stuxx

By the way...
Did you notice any decrease in soundquality when using it in 3d-mode. Somebody mentioned it in another post. Or does that go for all 3d-cards.

Or does Atomix run slower when using 3D-soundcards (Extigy) in 3d-mode? By that I mean... Does it require more of your PC than say having 2 normal soundcards? Anybody?

THanks guys!

-Jim

Posted Tue 30 Apr 02 @ 2:20 am
hi Jim

Yes i have found generally that there is a slight decrease in volume when using a sound card in 3d, thats why i have opted for two sound cards even on my desktop which doesnt travel to gigs with me...

I have only had the extigy a couple of weeks but have found that it actually sounds better than one of my internal cards the sb5.1. So if i'm going to be recording a mix i now use that and the internal audigy.

Generally the sound quality is directly linked to how the mp3 was burned... if it was a poor rip then it will sound bad anyway.

What bit rate are you using, most of mine are at 128 which i have come to the conclusion could be better.. The only trouble is re - ripping 5000+ tracks at a higher bit rate is not going to take 5 mins !!! and obviously the storage space required increases

I think i am going to buy an external 120gb hard drive and use the firewire port as at the moment the collection is on both my laptop on desktop, Save keep copying them over...

Anyway enough rambling

Cheers

STU

Posted Tue 30 Apr 02 @ 10:15 am
GrimmPRO InfinityMember since 2003
Just a note about the older SB Live! cards.

They use different codecs for the front and rear channels. The front is a AC97 codec and gives lesser quality then the rears which are I2S. The rear gives a better s/n ratio so that is probably why so many have complained previously about the different sound when using a SB Live! in 3d mode.

Grimm

Posted Tue 30 Apr 02 @ 3:02 pm
yuck grimm... sounds nasty.

Posted Wed 01 May 02 @ 10:40 pm
I ppl, does anybody knows if with the ext Extigy Soundcard works as if I had two soundcards? My problem is that I use the atomixmp3 in my laptop and I would like to have have two line-out, so that I can i.e. listen the music that is playing on the left desk with the hedphones but sending to the room the music that is playng in other desk, just like if I was using a "real" mixer.

Posted Fri 03 May 02 @ 7:43 pm
I use an extigy with my laptop, the extigy being the main out and the internal card being the headphone out !!

Works fine like this or through an external mixer...

W2k o/s

STU

Posted Sun 05 May 02 @ 3:53 pm
I upgrade the OS to Windows XP Prof.
Why I listen a click when I play the song???

Sound card: PCI !"( Soundblaster with XP drivers

Posted Sat 01 Jun 02 @ 3:42 pm
IamAbPRO InfinityMember since 2003
The Extigy works fine on my Compaq laptop with XP Home, good soundquality.
but, when I select auto bpm/auto beatmatch, the system crashes after a while (10-20 min.), so I have to switch them off to get a stable system.
I need to play MP3-music with very different BPM rate.
Can anybody help me?

Posted Fri 14 Jun 02 @ 3:06 pm

(Old topics and forums are automatically closed)